John Wright melon fizz

For any alcoholic brew that doesn't fit into any of the above categories!
Mjr6313
Piss Artist

John Wright melon fizz

Post by Mjr6313 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:15 pm

A friend and I made this 2 weeks ago just go the he'll of it,
1 melon
1 lemon
100g sugar
Pinch of yeast
Ferment for a week,then bottle in 2 kite pop bottle, leave in warm place 24 hrs, the move to fridge for a week then drink with friends.
It was actually quite nice very strong went down far to well the other Half was not impressed to find me and my mate sleeping on the sofas at 2 am but she was more upset we didnt save any and had to go buy more stuff this morning to make it again. (sometimes life can be hard making all this great drinks).
My wife wanted me to get a hobby now I make beer. She says I'm always in my shed I KEEP TELLING HER IT WAS HER IDEA.

Jim
Site Admin

Re: John Wright melon fizz

Post by Jim » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:03 am

Sounds like something JJ Berry might have come up with! lol
NURSE!! He's out of bed again!

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

Kev888
So far gone I'm on the way back again!

Post by Kev888 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:13 pm

Jim wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:03 am
Sounds like something JJ Berry might have come up with! lol
Heh, yes - from memory C.J.J drew his own personal line at tomato wine, but still championed trying most things.

Earlier days and happier times for me, poking around hedgerows for fruity fermentables. No melons or lemons there of course, but no doubt the fun still applies.
Kev

Mjr6313
Piss Artist

Post by Mjr6313 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:19 am

I've got a couple of wines on the go but they take a while and I wanted a quick simple brew for the meantime, just to see what would happen I'm now making my 2nd batch but quadrupled the amount. Just waiting for a BBQ day or at least the closest we get up here in the north east
My wife wanted me to get a hobby now I make beer. She says I'm always in my shed I KEEP TELLING HER IT WAS HER IDEA.