Liver in Red Wine Sauce

Fed up with just drinking your homebrew? Post here if you want to talk about using beer in food recipes! Or if you just want to share something about food.
Laripu
So far gone I'm on the way back again!

Post by Laripu » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:12 pm

MightyMouth wrote:The french have different terms for Doneness but they corrospond well to at least the way american restaurants cook beef.

Bleu Very rare
Saignant Rare
A point Medium rare
Bien cuit Well done
Yes - "a point" was how I ended up always ordering, and got what I thought was medium rare. I think they think of that as medium or medium well. I suspect their "bien cuit" is not as well done as I think well done should be. Anyway - who cares - the food was just great.

I never once had a bad meal in Toulouse, not even in the Airbus cafeteria.
Secondary FV: As yet unnamed Weizenbock ~7%
Bulk aging: Soodo: Grocery store grape juice wine experiment.
Drinking: Mostly Canadian whisky until I start brewing again.

maxashton

Post by maxashton » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:47 pm

I order my steaks bleu, but i've done sauté station and grill station.

I even like steak tartare, i suppose.

Laripu
So far gone I'm on the way back again!

Post by Laripu » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:41 am

maxashton wrote:I order my steaks bleu, but i've done sauté station and grill station.

I even like steak tartare, i suppose.
I see. I could not eat tartare. I've tried it, and just don't like it. Carpaccio was a little better, but I wouldn't order it.

I'm fine with raw fish though. To quote a retired RAF buddy of mine from way back, when I offered him a bit of smoked salmon, "Show me a piece of smelly fish, and I'll eat it!"

Sushi and sashimi, or ceviche, or eastern European marinated herring, or any kind of smoked or salted fish - yum - I'll snatch that off the plate and have it in my mouth before you can blink.

But tartare :P
Secondary FV: As yet unnamed Weizenbock ~7%
Bulk aging: Soodo: Grocery store grape juice wine experiment.
Drinking: Mostly Canadian whisky until I start brewing again.