HOMEBREW SUPPLIERS

A pre-moderated forum for linking to affiliated brewing organisations and sites of special interest.
Lady Eleanor

Post by Lady Eleanor » Wed May 09, 2007 8:08 pm

I personally recommend the guys at Brew Genie.

They are very friendly and helpful and I've been visiting their branch in Birmingham for a few years (admittedly for wine kits) but have recently brought one of their beer making kits to make hubby some beer.

We have also invested in one of their spirit making machines and have to say that the Tennessee Bourbon they do is identical to Jack Daniels and it works out at less than £3 per bottle - now that is brill!

I have been to a few other home brewing shops around the country and they all seem to be run by Victor Meldrew wannabe's. Not at Brew Genie.

http://www.brewgenie.co.uk

(Link tidied up by Reg - hope you don't mind).

sparky Paul

Post by sparky Paul » Fri May 11, 2007 6:55 pm

Lady Eleanor wrote:I personally recommend the guys at Brew Genie.
My favourite too - cheapest place for most things! :wink:

Gurgeh

Post by Gurgeh » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:30 am

http://www.homebrewheaven.com

American site.

homepage welcomes you by inviting you to change the entire site to your preferred currency. UK delivery is a standard feature of the site.

I bought 4 faucet, handle & 4" shank assemblies at about 9.30pm last night and 4 hours later my order had been shipped!

subzero

Post by subzero » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:55 pm

Content deleted in accordance with forum rules.

prolix

Post by prolix » Thu May 01, 2008 10:28 pm

There's beers unlimited in southend too

http://www.beersunlimited.co.uk/

erebus

Post by erebus » Fri May 02, 2008 5:35 pm

Lady Eleanor wrote:I personally recommend the guys at Brew Genie.
Ah yeah, one in Birmingham (actually there are 2 or 3 in Bham I think) in Sutton Colefield. Popped in there to quickly pick something up on the way to meet a friend, ended up chatting for 40 minutes with the guy, sampling his homebrew gin and randomly buying a Lager kit.

Flagon and Cask in Nottingham, fair range of all grain stuff as well compared to some other HBS I've been in.

andywills

easybrew

Post by andywills » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:04 pm

Are easybrew always this bad?

Ordered on 20th May, got e-mail 21st saying some of it was out of stuck so I replied saying leave that off then and refund the money

Rang Friday and was assured order would be delivered sat (31st) but nothing...

and no refund yet

ashbyp

Re: easybrew

Post by ashbyp » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:22 pm

andywills wrote:Are easybrew always this bad?
Yes, in my experience.

Martin the fish

Post by Martin the fish » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:52 pm

I'd recommend Craftbrewer in Aus. Bit of postage for you guys i guess but he's a top bloke and top, top service.

andywills

Post by andywills » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:03 am

dear god! how on earth are easybrew still in business? over a month, managed to get a part order but nothing else...they don't reply to e-mails, hard to get through on phone....

avoid like the plague

Duncndisorderly

Post by Duncndisorderly » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:41 am

andywills wrote:dear god! how on earth are easybrew still in business? over a month, managed to get a part order but nothing else...they don't reply to e-mails, hard to get through on phone....

avoid like the plague
Indeed im still waiting 18 days after receiving an email telling me there would be a seven working day delay in my order. when i eventually receive my goods i shall send them a cutting e mail something along the lines of "you useless ba%^%$%ds" , subtle but fair, definately wont be using them again.

ashbyp

Post by ashbyp » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:18 pm

don't hold your breath. i'm waiting for a fermenter i ordered 3 months ago from these clowns. i've asked for a refund and that hasn't been sent either. when I finally received an autosyphon from them it was packaged so poorly that is was broken when it arrived. not impressed at all.

Duncndisorderly

Post by Duncndisorderly » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:20 pm

As an update to this they not only dont answer the phone but if you do make the phone ring and get through you cant leave a mesage on there machine, methinks i'll be cancelling my payment through the bank :x

Duncndisorderly

Post by Duncndisorderly » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:30 am

further update, all emails are now bouncing back, it would appear they are about to fold, if anyone has ordered id strongly advise you cancel the payments if you can, im doing so right now :!:

andywills

Post by andywills » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:57 am

hmmmm, they applied for "striking off notice", but discontinued that on 20/11/07...

i've only got £10 outstanding, but thats no the point...

what is more worrying it this

http://grez.wordpress.com/2008/02/25/ac ... -problems/