best online shop for hops?

A pre-moderated forum for linking to affiliated brewing organisations and sites of special interest.
Frenchie Laurence

best online shop for hops?

Post by Frenchie Laurence » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:32 pm

Am looking for Amarillo and Nelson Sauvin and would like to get it from one on-line shop in the UK if possible to not multiply delivery costs? any idea? :?:

Aleman
It's definitely Lock In Time

Post by Aleman » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:07 pm

I think you will be pushing it. I believe Leyland Homebrew have some NS, they may have amarillo

You might be better off ordering from Craftbrewewr in Australia postage for a couple of bags of hops are reasonable. However they only have pellet hops

I know that Farams (The hop wholesaler) have not got any NS, there is a delivery coming mid to end of July, but NZ Hops send Farams what they have rather than what they might like :? Also many of the NZ hops are being pre ordered now at Farams, so even if they do come in the shipment there is no certainty that they will find their way down to the homebrew market :roll:

Vossy1

Post by Vossy1 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:06 pm

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:15 pm

I greedily grabbed a kilo of Cascade and Amarillo when they were cheap :D Really though, i'm not kidding, you'll be able to get 100g of excellent quality NS to your door for under around a fiver or less from Craftbrewer I reckon. H&G used to sell them but don't seem to anymore.

Frenchie Laurence

Post by Frenchie Laurence » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:15 pm

i will give it a go with the Aussies. And let you know!

stevezx7r

Post by stevezx7r » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:06 pm

I got some Amarillo (pellets) a week or so ago, cost £4.09 from the H+G.

I would give them a ring and ask as they do have lots in that shop. :wink:

Frenchie Laurence

Post by Frenchie Laurence » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:16 am

have email Hop and Grapes and they are also waiting for a delivery :cry:

eddnix

Post by eddnix » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:44 pm

I have in front of me the hop and grape 'looking forward' pamphlet, which came with an order of grains I received last week.

Under 'New Hop Varieties' section both Nelson Sauvin(NZ) @ a/a 13.3% and Amarillo @ a/a 9.6% are listed. So it appears if they don't have them in at the minute, they soon will.