CAMRA

A pre-moderated forum for linking to affiliated brewing organisations and sites of special interest.
brewmasterflex

CAMRA

Post by brewmasterflex » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:29 pm

Just wondering is it worth Joining Camra, I go to some of the beer festivals and notice they give discount if you are a member of camra ?
beard.jpg
beard.jpg (20.29 KiB) Viewed 4284 times

MightyMouth

Re: CAMRA

Post by MightyMouth » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:13 pm

It can be worth it if you go to a lot of beer festivals and if you join through Wetherspoons pubs I think they give you coupons worth more than the membership, at least they used to. Check out their magazine for the form.

boingy

Post by boingy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:15 pm

You save money on entrance tickets but you do tend to spend a bit more on beard care products....

thesmasheddemijohn

Post by thesmasheddemijohn » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:35 am

Oh well time to throw away my razor :D

delboy

Post by delboy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:52 am

boingy wrote:You save money on entrance tickets but you do tend to spend a bit more on beard care products....
I got a coupon for a half of beer at the beer festival, well worth £20 :^o :lol:

boingy

Post by boingy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:23 pm

Did you say a coupon for half a beard?
What use is that? :shock:

delboy

Post by delboy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Well i did actually win a good beard guide book complete with novelty beard on the tombola :lol:

anomalous_result

Post by anomalous_result » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:41 pm

Try not to think about it in terms of 'will I get my money back' (because you probably won't) and more along the lines of a donation towards supporting the largest campaigning group for real ale. If you agree with their bumpf (and won't miss the money) then there's no reason not to, if you don't then you may want to think harder before handing over your hard-earned.

brewmasterflex

Post by brewmasterflex » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:18 pm

I thought I felt out of place when I went to the last one as I didnt have a beard.

Is is compulsory to have a beard then to be a member of Camra.

brewmasterflex

Post by brewmasterflex » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:19 pm

Actually I dont think I will bother joining then, IF there is no real benefit as I cant spend the money, Although the Weatherspoon coupon idea might temp me, Except for the fact that all spoons ales taste like cac!.

Apart from a nice pint of Beast I had once in Burnham on sea

Graham

Post by Graham » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:44 pm

It is unfair that you regard CAMRA members as hairy misfits. The major problem with drinking real ale, (as opposed to tasteless, bland, fizzy-pop), is that it makes your hair grow quicker. It puts hairs on your chest, your face, your legs, your bum - everywhere - and that is just the ladies.

WishboneBrewery
CBA Prizewinner 2010

Post by WishboneBrewery » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:57 pm

not joined yet, and i'm only toying with the beard, its not like its going to stay for ever to catch soup and other things that go into or out of your mouth with ale! ;)

thesmasheddemijohn

Post by thesmasheddemijohn » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:14 pm

Whats wrong with a beard's anyway brewmasterflex ? What you got something against David "gwapple me gwape nuts" Bellamy.
Last edited by thesmasheddemijohn on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brewmasterflex

Post by brewmasterflex » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:20 pm

Gwore Blimey Gwappling me Ghops and Malt, I think beards are kewl, handy for storing spare malt and hops in and even some dinner incase you get peckish whilst sipping a brew.
Is that true about beer and hair, Cause in all seriousness I used to have a boss call JCA and he was bald, But since drinking old mans ale and brown top, His hair has come back slightly I kid you not.

Whats all this PC nonsense anyway, If you want a beard then you got to realise its not just for christmas, not like santa. Why do they have to have these organisations like Camra and Beard Pride, Why cant Beardies just be like everone else, They dont need to shout about it.

WishboneBrewery
CBA Prizewinner 2010

Post by WishboneBrewery » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:19 pm

Chris-x1 wrote:I don't think being Beard-ist has made it onto the PC list yet although I think being Student-ist has.
Its a Phobia...

Pogonophobia
;)