Durden Park

A pre-moderated forum for linking to affiliated brewing organisations and sites of special interest.
Seveneer

Post by Seveneer » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:40 pm

Andy,

I'm interested in giving this a go myself. I hope the shop has brown malt in stock.

/Phil.

Andy
Virtually comatose but still standing

Post by Andy » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:59 pm

It's listed on their www site but haven't seen it on the shelves.

Mind you, Danny found a 5kg bag of golden promise for me the other week out the back of the shop ! 8)

If you go in and they have to order some, get them to put aside 1kg for moi 8) I will do likewise (2kg for you I guess)....
Dan!

MrD

Post by MrD » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:54 pm

Andy

How did the London Porter turn out - I'm thinking of going a mini mash for bottling?

Should be OK for Christmas!!

MrD

Seveneer

Post by Seveneer » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:20 pm

I'll leave Andy to tell you about his but mine tastes very pleasant. Unfortunately I've drunk quite a lot of it already so not much left now :cry: It's certainly something I'll make again though.

/Phil.

tubthumper

Re: Durden Park

Post by tubthumper » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:19 pm

what yeast did you guys use am thinking this may be my first AG brew

paulg

Post by paulg » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:08 pm

I know this is a very old post but i hope one of the oster still frequents the forum.
I have only seen the recipes on the durden park web site but am thinking of buying the book.
my questions are are the hop amounts in the book specified with A/A amounts and do the recipes give IBU s ?
as the ones on the website dont appear to.

thanks in advance
Paul

Hanglow
Under the Table

Post by Hanglow » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:35 pm

If you want vintage recipes, then this is the go to book of the moment, if you don't have it allready
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Home-Brewers-Gu ... 1592538827

Eadweard
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Eadweard » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:46 pm

Yes, Ron's book has superseded the Durden Park one.

Aleman
It's definitely Lock In Time

Post by Aleman » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:38 pm

I disagree. Ron book complements the Durden park books in no way does it supplant them. The DP crowd did an awful lot of research about the historic recipes. Including translating many recipes direct from the brewing ledgers. They just didn't make a song and dance over it ;)

Eadweard
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Eadweard » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:55 pm

Aleman wrote:I disagree. Ron book complements the Durden park books in no way does it supplant them. The DP crowd did an awful lot of research about the historic recipes. Including translating many recipes direct from the brewing ledgers. They just didn't make a song and dance over it ;)
It was excellent for the time, but some of the recipes are a bit dubious, like the 1750 Porter if I remember rightly.