A video of me doing it

A pre-moderated forum for linking to affiliated brewing organisations and sites of special interest.
nofe4r

A video of me doing it

Post by nofe4r » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:01 pm

Brewing that is. I don't know why but I decided to film myself brew a batch. I reckon its a bit long winded (4 parts) and I think I rabbit on a bit much, but it was fun making it.

Have a butchers, you can even watch me in HD if your so inclined. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABve6NbPNhk

Digby Swift

Re: A video of me doing it

Post by Digby Swift » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:42 pm

Bugger. It's a brewing video, that's not what I expected when I click the link. :D

Good video though, I think its a great idea to post videos. Always interesting to see how other people do things. Good work

Tequilla6

Post by Tequilla6 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:52 pm

Great Video Jimmy

The topic should definitely be moved to Brewdays, Really happy you had a stuck sparge. :oops: That has clarified for me what it actually is and what it looks like and how to resolve it. So I've learnt something already for the video. :D

Also having a setup with only one HLT/Boiler has told me i'm trying to make my first brew set up a little more complex than I need to.

All we need now is a quick video from FV to Bottle to Glass. :wink:

nofe4r

Post by nofe4r » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:33 pm

I am glad it has helped you Tequilla :D

I have posted this in brewdays as well as I think it is more suited there.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=22081

I was thinking about finishing it off with the bottling and the first glass. We shall see :)

jubby
Under the Table

Post by jubby » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:22 pm

Really enjoyed watching that Jimmy, well done.
I was thinking about finishing it off with the bottling and the first glass. We shall see :)
That would be good.
Mr Nick's Brewhouse.

Thermopot HLT Conversion

Drinking: Mr Nick's East India IPA v3 First Gold & Citra quaffing ale
Conditioning:
FV:
Planned: Some other stuff.
Ageing:

Dennis King
Telling everyone Your My Best Mate

Post by Dennis King » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:49 pm

=D> Good to see other peoples set ups at work. Hope this helps people nervous about loosing their viginity. Nice blow job :oops:

nofe4r

Post by nofe4r » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:34 pm

:lol: :lol:

WishboneBrewery
CBA Prizewinner 2010

Post by WishboneBrewery » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:29 pm

Brilliant, I left a load of comments.
makes it look easier than the way it reads!

Jerry Cornelius

Post by Jerry Cornelius » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:44 pm

That was great. Thanks for posting it. =D>

It takes the worry out of the process for me - I'm really inspired to give all grain a go now I've actually seen how straightforward the process is. Books always make it seem complicated, but watching you brew makes me think that even I could do it :D

gunner

Post by gunner » Thu May 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Go for it jerry,i did my 1st AG brew 3 saturdays ago,and i'm suppin it now.Its a 49er clone from GW's book.

I've gone from complete novice,straight to AG,but i did do a lot of forum trawling,internet watching(you tube) and book reading(GW'S BYOBRA,Dave line's TBBOB)

The finished product is a fantastic replica of the real deal.Not quite the genuine article but not far off it. :D

trucker5774
Falling off the Barstool

Post by trucker5774 » Fri May 29, 2009 10:11 pm

Nice one Jimmy. Ive avoided AG due to amount of kit required, but watching you do it shows it is only like having 2 more FVs. You made it look so simple and cleared up loads of mysteries....................I'm almost disappointed how straight forward it is. I thought you guys were gods (or just a bit too deeply into it). The fact is youre a top guy and all credit to you. Anyone who hasn't watched the vid should do so now and be prepared to rush out and get the full kit for AG. Thanks again, mate, that was brill!!!!
Last edited by trucker5774 on Sat May 30, 2009 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
John

Drinking/Already drunk........ Trucker's Anti-Freeze (Turbo Cider), Truckers Delight, Night Trucker, Rose wine, Truckers Hitch, Truckers Revenge, Trucker's Lay-by, Trucker's Trailer, Flower Truck, Trucker's Gearshift, Trucker's Horn, Truck Crash, Fixby Gold!

Conditioning... Doing what? Get it down your neck! ........

FV 1............
FV 2............
FV 3............
Next Brews..... Trucker's Jack Knife

chris_reboot

Post by chris_reboot » Sat May 30, 2009 12:57 am

nice one jimmy.

watched it before putting on my 1st AG last week, now got my second one under my belt too!
that helped a lot, seeing it visually.
and not a yank accent in sight! :wink:

Long-Haired_brewer

Post by Long-Haired_brewer » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:46 pm

Thought i had already posted here, Anyway great stuff its nice to be showed how its done :)