Tunnel Brewery

A pre-moderated forum for linking to affiliated brewing organisations and sites of special interest.
GTATTY

Tunnel Brewery

Post by GTATTY » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:46 am

Hi all

I was with the missus in Solihull on Friday compiling our wedding list at John Lewis and came across a stall on the pedestrian precinct setup up by Tunnel Brewery( Ansley, Nr Nuneaton, Warwickshire).

They've had a beer festival this weekend I believe and It finishes Monday Evening.

Has anyone been or know of this Micro Brewery, how do they rate?

We're going to visit Monday afternoon we think with friends.

I bought 3 bottled brews off the stall BTW and drank them all Friday Evening! :D

1 x Ghost Pale Ale 4.2%
1 x Boston Beer Party American Pale Ale 5.6%
1 x Trade Winds India Pale Ale 4.6%

All were very full of fruity flavour and are the perfect type of pale ales for me.

I wish I had bought more, I'll have to buy more tomorrow. :lol:

Regards

Graham :)

Andy
Virtually comatose but still standing

Post by Andy » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:41 am

Dan!

GTATTY

Post by GTATTY » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:55 am

Thanks Andy

Already been to the site many times as it's all over their merchandise :)

I was just wondering if anyone has been and seen in person.

cheers

Graham

Wez

Post by Wez » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:35 am

Not been to that one, i've organised a real ale minibus pub crawl for 16 of us at the end of this month. We are starting here http://www.churchendbrewery.co.uk/ which is quite close to the one you've mentioned so might look into going to that one next time :-k

gdanby

Post by gdanby » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:46 pm

I ordered a firkin from them the other year and was lucky enough to be shown around the brewery when I picked it up. They normally have about 3 of their ales on tap at the adjoining pub - the Lord Nelson I think.

(Un)fortunately, that one visit set me on the path to home brewing and a life of constantly buying new equipment....

Wez

Post by Wez » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:37 pm

gdanby wrote:I ordered a firkin from them the other year and was lucky enough to be shown around the brewery when I picked it up. They normally have about 3 of their ales on tap at the adjoining pub - the Lord Nelson I think.

(Un)fortunately, that one visit set me on the path to home brewing and a life of constantly buying new equipment....
It is the Lord Nelson, a nice pub, if you are local to that try the Church End Brewery Tap, they always have 8 of their beers on, open Thu through Sun.

MDE
Steady Drinker

Post by MDE » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:25 pm

I attended a course at Brewlab with them when they were in the planning phase. Fun guys and very dedicated. I've only had the bottled beer which is excellent. By all accounts the draught is good too.

bigad82

Post by bigad82 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:28 pm

They also brew and own the Blue Boar in Mancetter Just outside Atherstone.Great beer.Herd a rumour they are looking for a bigger brewing site.

rick_huggins

Re: Tunnel Brewery

Post by rick_huggins » Sun May 17, 2009 10:00 pm

I took 5 bottles off them at a recent farmers market in Kineton; loved the ales, not sure about the german or belgian ones tho..

No carbonation and pretty cloudy, helluva tastey tho..