Bottling

Get advice on making beer from raw ingredients (malt, hops, water and yeast)
richtangsoo

Bottling

Post by richtangsoo » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:56 pm

Can someone tell me if its ok to bottle a ag beer without conditioning in a barrel first.
I've just transfered an ipa from the prim fermenting bin in to another bucket, and its been sitting their in a cool room for a couple of days. Normally i would condition it in a cask for 2 - 4 weeks and then bottle, but i would love to save time and bottle it straight away, is this a good idea or will the beer be to explosive. :?:

richtangsoo

Re: Bottling

Post by richtangsoo » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:51 pm

Thanks, thats good news, hopefully my bottled beer will be ready to drink in 3 -4 weeks rather than 6 - 8. =D>

simple one
CBA Prizewinner 2010

Post by simple one » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:23 pm

I agree with chris..... as soon as that FG is reached and its dropped pretty clear or seems clear, bottle. Its better than messing with secondarys as i always feel that one problem in the secondary means the problems in every bottle. OK its meant to take longer to reach maturity, but it fun finding out if it has got there yet!

richtangsoo

Post by richtangsoo » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:09 pm

I'll Probably put them in a warm room for a couple of days and then store them somewhere cooler. I'll prim the bottles with a level ts of glucose.

haz66

Post by haz66 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:25 pm

I usually bottle mine after 10 days in the FV, prime with 1/2 teaspoon of just ordinary sugar and then leave for
4 weeks and they are usually fantastic by then, apart from the hassle of bottling i find its worth it as the same beer
does not taste as good from the keg, but thats maybe just me and i`m not probably not storing the kegs right ?.

richtangsoo

Post by richtangsoo » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:51 am

Just finished bottling, beer at 15 c so no excess gas to contend with. Used my new bottling stick, i don't know how i survived without one.