How long will my beer last

Get advice on making beer from raw ingredients (malt, hops, water and yeast)
swheatbeer

How long will my beer last

Post by swheatbeer » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:15 am

Hi,

I having been reading with interest all those posts relating to the Blic' beergun. I think I am going to purchase one along with a cornie. If I carbonate in corny and bottle using the beer gun what kind of shelf life will my beer have?

Thanks

coatesg

Re: How long will my beer last

Post by coatesg » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:01 pm

Depends a little on the beer, but if you're good with all your sanitisation, you flush the bottles well with CO2, and keep them cool and not frozen they should last for ages. Equally, keeping it in corny keg it should just as long.

adm

Post by adm » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:36 pm

A year at least....and probably significantly longer. Whether it will be good or not after that time all depends. Stronger beers will probably last longer and gain character as they age.

Oggy' Bar
Hollow Legs

Post by Oggy' Bar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:10 am

I have a "Pop's Stout" in a Cornie which is over 2 years old...and it tastes superb....I just can't drink more than 1 pint at a time..and I have to be in the mood...mind you I did brew 80litres of the stuff :shock: .....Just 1 cornie full left :lol:

adm

Post by adm » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:32 am

Me too. I've got an 18 mont old Russian imperial Stout in a corny - same thing, I'll have a pint from it, then leave it to fester a bit longer....