The Homebrew Shop

Get advice on making beer from raw ingredients (malt, hops, water and yeast)
fisherman

The Homebrew Shop

Post by fisherman » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Hello,
Has anyone ordered goods from the Homebrew Shop . If so what do you think of the goods and service?. They look very organised and good. Just a precaution on my behalf I don't want to offend anyone, Just want to be sure of the quality of goods .
Many thanks

chastuck
Hollow Legs

Re: The Homebrew Shop

Post by chastuck » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:21 pm

fisherman wrote:Hello,
Has anyone ordered goods from the Homebrew Shop . If so what do you think of the goods and service?. They look very organised and good. Just a precaution on my behalf I don't want to offend anyone, Just want to be sure of the quality of goods .
Many thanks
Always given me a good service. Quality goods and quick turn round.

vacant
Even further under the Table

Post by vacant » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:32 pm

I use The Home Brew Shop for the stuff I can't get from WHS, Malt Miller etc where my main grains and hops come from.

Three orders, all good. I started using them for acid, salts and yeast such that I kept the weight to under 1Kg for low postage but with the last order I also got some small quantities of grain and larger quantities of acid & salts.

So every six months I work out a couple of orders taking care on the delivery charge breaks, e.g. if 3Kg Munich would push my WHS order over 30 Kg, it's worth shifting that to Home Brew Shop as the postage goes from £3.12 to £6.50. I bet someone has a spreadsheet for that.
I brew therefore I ... I .... forget

Wezzel

Post by Wezzel » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:07 pm

I visit the Homebrew Shop in person as I work fairly near. Great selection of stock and very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Never bought mail order from them though.

Matt12398

Post by Matt12398 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:21 pm

I've only bought from them in person as I attended one of their mashing courses but it seemed like a well organised operation. The only reason I don't order from them online is that WHS and Malt Miller are better priced.

Jimmy321

Post by Jimmy321 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:31 pm

I've bought from the home brew shop a number of times and there service is good

wilsoa11111

Post by wilsoa11111 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:55 pm

cant fault em, gotta say v few rogue shops out there- think its just one giving the rest a bad name

lord groan
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by lord groan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:04 pm

Haven't used the postal service, but as they are 'only' an hours drive away I made my first pilgrimage there a few weeks ago when getting the ingredients for my first AG brew.
friendly staff, great range of stuff, definitely going back or using the postal method in future.
lg

Beer O'Clock
It's definitely Lock In Time

Post by Beer O'Clock » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:02 pm

As my signature says, I use the Malt Miller for all but stuff that they don't do. For this I use the Homebrew Shop. They are a decent family run business. Honest and good to deal with.
Last edited by Beer O'Clock on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I buy from The Malt Miller

There's Howard Hughes in blue suede shoes, smiling at the majorettes smoking Winston cigarettes. .

Dr. Dextrin

Post by Dr. Dextrin » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:15 pm

I'm also happy to recommend them. They have a very good range of stuff for when you need more than just malt and hops. Although you obviously pay a little more for the choice, the prices are still pretty good all round. I've found the mail order service to be excellent.

TC2642
Even further under the Table

Post by TC2642 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:27 pm

Yes, don't use them that much but when I have I found them to deliver good product and service.
Fermenting -!
Maturing - Lenin's Revenge RIS
Drinking - !
Next brew - PA
Brew after next brew - IPA

fisherman

Post by fisherman » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:29 am

Thank you all very much for your response.
Best wishes