Which PID?

Get advice on making beer from raw ingredients (malt, hops, water and yeast)
Hoppydaze
Tippler

Which PID?

Post by Hoppydaze » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:02 pm

Hi All, After many years of brewing from kits I am in the process of building an AG 3 vessel single level set up similar to the electricbrewery.com book. I have made my first order to Mr Lard for the pots, etc. Having trawled the net and all the brewing forums I am still struggling to decide on suitable PID controllers for 1. The HLT 2. Monitoring the HERMS temp. 3. Kettle.
1 and 3 to control SSR's and all to be able to feed external high and low alarms. All 240v AC or 12 v DC. The Auber SYL-2352 looks good but from the US and will probably be stung for import duty!!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This is my first post so please let me know if I have done anything wrong

themadhippy
Even further under the Table

Re: Which PID?

Post by themadhippy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:28 pm

The Auber SYL-2352 looks good but from the US and will probably be stung for import duty!!
I bought the syl 2363 and didnt get any extra charges,the rules seem to say if its below £35 including p+P your ok,so best to order them individually and hope the sender marks the package with a suitable value :wink:
Warning: The Dutch Coffeeshops products may contain drugs. Drinks containing caffeine should be used with care and moderation

Hoppydaze
Tippler

Re: Which PID?

Post by Hoppydaze » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:39 pm

Thanks for the info.