returning equipment set-up suggestions

Get advice on making beer from raw ingredients (malt, hops, water and yeast)
drmick

Re: returning equipment set-up suggestions

Post by drmick » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:20 pm

BenB I'm open to suggestions on what is best. I'm thinking a couple of SS Brewtech buckets as fermenters - or an equivalent, but am open to recommendations for mashtun and boiler. I think I would prefer electric for boiling as that is what am used to and probably safest but am not adverse to gas - if can run off patio gas not a problem as one of my BBQs runs on patio gas so always have a ready supply, but if butane then can always get new cylinders for that.

I am also going to venture into corny keg - something always wanted to do but no-one ever sold a beginners set up for the complete idiot but there do seem to be a few starter set ups available now - this would be an extra on top of the brewery set up.

Any recommendations on what works gratefully received

rpt
Hollow Legs

Post by rpt » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:31 am

For kegs there's also the option of Sankey kegs.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

m_rawdin
Piss Artist

Post by m_rawdin » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:31 am

I am also going to venture into corny keg - something always wanted to do but no-one ever sold a beginners set up for the complete idiot but there do seem to be a few starter set ups available now - this would be an extra on top of the brewery set up.[quote][/quote]

I've just ventured into corny kegs after years of bottling and its the best decision I've made around storing beer. The initial outlay for kegs, disconnects, CO2 bottle, regulator etc is pretty high but it's worth it.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/341609746264187/

Fermenting: Nothing
Conditioning: Smoked porter
Drinking: Cider, witbier, brown ale, Milk stout
Planning: Gamma Ray clone v3

vacant
Even further under the Table

Post by vacant » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:05 am

m_rawdin wrote:I've just ventured into corny kegs after years of bottling and its the best decision I've made around storing beer. The initial outlay for kegs, disconnects, CO2 bottle, regulator etc is pretty high but it's worth it.
I took a punt on five kegs from homebrew centre two years ago. Last month I sold two of the neater ones for a fiver profit. At least with second hand cornies you can get your outlay back should the need arise.
I brew therefore I ... I .... forget