Just ordered from MM--stressful!

Get advice on making beer from raw ingredients (malt, hops, water and yeast)
Rhodesy
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Re: Just ordered from MM--stressful!

Post by Rhodesy » Sat May 09, 2020 10:20 am

I think they are (rightly) being pragmatic about it and making the best they can out of the current circumstances. Rob posted a video on their FB last night again explaining why they have to limit the malt orders to what they can realistically fill each day so that things dont get out of hand with a backlog like a few others got in a very bad way (some still so) with as it initially happened to them over the lockdown announcement weekend.

He also explained that they need to look after their staff not just for social distancing measures but also not to overwork or have them stressed. Again I admire an employer taking that approach as they could have went the other route and not adhere to the requirements and bring in some temp workers to deal with an uptick in orders.

I am glad I got 30kg of malt in when I was mandated to work from home for the forseeable a week before the lockdown measures were announced. I am now down to 10kg and the latest nearly fermented out so will need to take my chances soon.

Jocky
Even further under the Table

Post by Jocky » Sat May 09, 2020 4:05 pm

From what Rob has said on his video they had their busiest week ever last week, and doing that while social distancing at the workplace.

If they could fulfil more orders they would.
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

guypettigrew
Even further under the Table

Post by guypettigrew » Sat May 09, 2020 4:29 pm

There's no doubt they are doing a superb job in very difficult circumstances. Without MM, home brewing during lockdown would become almost impossible.

Not their fault that ordering is stressful. Just shows how many of us rely on them for our supplies.

Guy

barneey
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by barneey » Sun May 10, 2020 10:37 am

:D For the Malt Miller it "might" be stressful to place an order but at least you know it will arrive in a couple of days & not have to wait weeks for it to be delivered.
Hair of the dog, bacon, butty.
Hops, cider pips & hello.

Name the Movie + song :)

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Sun May 10, 2020 11:25 am

Tough times make and break reputations.
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

simmyb
Piss Artist

Post by simmyb » Thu May 14, 2020 6:19 pm

I've ordered a couple of times from The Malt Miller since lockdown. Yes you have to wait until they are taking malt orders but I haven't had to mess around too much and the delivery time has been fantastic. Got to say I have been really impressed with how Rob has conducted his business in the last couple of months, much respect.
Primary : AG138 Amarillo Pale Ale
Conditioning : AG137 Mosaic Pale Ale
Drinking: AG131 London Bitter, AG132 Yorkshire Bitter, AG133 Guinnish, AG134 Witbier, AG135 Challenger Pale Ale, AG136 Kveik IPA,
Planning: Perle faux lager