Scottish Craft Brewers Meeting Saturday 17th - Edinburgh

Members' meetings, Beer Festivals and the like - bung it on here. Old topics will be pruned after 3 months.
Calum

Scottish Craft Brewers Meeting Saturday 17th - Edinburgh

Post by Calum » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:16 pm

Taken from the Scottish Craft Brewers Website

Our next meeting will be at McCowans Brewhouse in Foutainbridge, Edinburgh, on Saturday 17th November, please note that we should be finished for the Scotland match against Italy as we will be starting at 1 p.m. Ant Hayes will be talking to us on the benefits of the Beer Judge Certification Program. This meeting is about creating some form of affiliation between Scottish Craft Brewers and the Beer Judgs Certification Program and anyone who has heard me talk on this matters will know that this is something that I wish to happen. There is also an element of homework to this meeting which is to judge/score some beers. So you can tell your partners that this part is educational when they ask you why your are having a couple of beers in the evening. Please take a couple of minutes to have a look at the web site for the Beer Judge Certification Program and download the score sheet that they use and sit by the fire one evening and use it to score the following beers:

Harviestoun Bitter & Twisted

Williams Brothers Gold

Caledonian Deuchars IPA

McEwans No 1 Champion

The above beers and their respective scores will be the subject of a discussion so please have a look at the notes on the Beer Judge Certification Program web-site.

They have some interesting ideas and were created in 1985 from the American Homebrewers Association and the Home Wine and Beer Trade Association.

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:03 pm

I'm tempted, do you just show up at the brewery at 1?
Scotland match against Italy
I'm bricking it [-o<

Calum

Post by Calum » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:11 pm

mysterio wrote:I'm tempted, do you just show up at the brewery at 1?
Scotland match against Italy
I'm bricking it [-o<
Aren't we all!!

Just turn out at the pub and all should be clear. I can PM you my moby number so at least you have a contact.