JBK North-East Night Out - Durham (Fri 3rd June)

Members' meetings, Beer Festivals and the like - bung it on here. Old topics will be pruned after 3 months.
Eric
Even further under the Table

Re: JBK North-East Night Out - Durham (Fri 3rd June)

Post by Eric » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:51 pm

Jim wrote:Glad to hear you made it home safely, Eric. :wink:

I had a bit of a wobble on myself!
You noticed it Jim, fairly strong wobble made more obvious by that place having a door to negotiate. It'd have been much easier without walls, then I could have just fallen out. Thanks for your concern.

The journey to bus wasn't uneventful either, apart from spurious pockets of lateral gravity, there was this damned pavement thing that kept trying to come up to my knees. Part way however, was entertained by a young lady cheered on by two companions to a variation on John Travolta's "Greased Lightning" which must have left the Fiat Panda a bit the worse for wear.

Caught the bus OK, although the bus shelter was a bit too narrow for easy navigation, and with wet trousers smelling of beer I was assured of my own space for the journey. I was up again before 4:00am when a neighbour's alarm went off. She's in her nineties and was fast asleep but later this morning we learned there'd been a burglary at another house. It had been a fabulous morning, air very still and mild, with good light in the sky before sunrise.

Thanks for the night chaps, the beer was obviously in good nick, not from memory of course, just a completely clear head today. Jeff just needs a few more practice sessions with real ale.
Without patience, life becomes difficult and the sooner it's finished, the better.

alix101
Under the Table

Post by alix101 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:51 pm

That's a great pub aswell it's like a time warp ... Good beer too
"Everybody should belive in something : and I belive I'll have another drink".

slycottoncat

Post by slycottoncat » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:38 am

As I live in the centre of Tyneside (Hebburn actually!), I am willing to take you lot around the highlight (and lowlights) of Gateshead/Newcastle for a real ale trail. Included would be a visit to Big Lamp's only pub outside of the brewery and places like the Crown posada, central Bar, etc. Let me know if any one is interested.

Scott