st georges hall beer festival(liverpool)

Members' meetings, Beer Festivals and the like - bung it on here. Old topics will be pruned after 3 months.
critch

st georges hall beer festival(liverpool)

Post by critch » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:49 pm

http://www.stgeorgeshall.liverpoolbeerfestival.com/
the biggest beer festival liverpools ever seen!

a little bit about this magnificent building
http://www.stgeorgesliverpool.co.uk/

seymour
It's definitely Lock In Time

Re: st georges hall beer festival(liverpool)

Post by seymour » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:51 pm

You did it, Mate! Best of luck and have an awesome time.

We all wish we could be there, no doubt about it!

symptomlesscoma

Post by symptomlesscoma » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Got my tickets. Going the Thursday evening session.

critch

Post by critch » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:50 am

look out for a harrassed looking, wort and yeast covered scruffy git

itll be me! :lol:

we're still making bars up! :shock: [-o<

and weve got another 2 big uns to do before the end of the year

Andy
Virtually comatose but still standing

Post by Andy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:26 am

Looks like an amazing venue :)

Nearly as good as the sports centre hall which hosts the Woking Beer Fest ;)
Dan!

kinnockthecat

Post by kinnockthecat » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:53 pm

Andy wrote:Looks like an amazing venue :)

Nearly as good as the sports centre hall which hosts the Woking Beer Fest ;)
+1 for Woking! :o

TheMumbler

Post by TheMumbler » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:11 pm

Wow that is an amazing venue. Hope it goes well.

symptomlesscoma

Post by symptomlesscoma » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:42 pm

Looking forward to trying beers from mat hatter, redwillow, revolutions and of course liverpool organic. Any other breweries with a good reputation that have beers on at the fezzy worth mentioning critch?

WishboneBrewery
CBA Prizewinner 2010

Post by WishboneBrewery » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:19 am

Cracking beers list there mate :)

critch

Post by critch » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:04 am

summerwine, buxton(though theyve not turned up yet..... :-s ), liverpool craft, southport,marble and mad hatter to name a few. theres a lot of rareities for liverpool and a few that have never been here before

scuppeteer
Under the Table
Location: Brenchley, Kent (Birthplace of Fuggles... or is it?)

Post by scuppeteer » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:12 pm

That's a hell of a list Critch, shame its the same weekend as the Kent Green Hop festival otherwise I would be very tempted to make the trip. Hope its a cracking success for you.
Dave Berry

Can't be arsed to keep changing this bit, so, drinking some beer and wanting to brew many more!

Sir, you are drunk! Yes madam, and you are ugly, but in the morning I shall be sober! - WSC

sweatysock
Piss Artist

Post by sweatysock » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:31 pm

I went to the St Georges Hall Beer Festival last night. It was absolutely amazing to see and sample so many beers under one roof. I am in Liverpool on a Royal Navy ship this weekend and was lucky enough to attend the event as guests of Mark, along with some colleagues. Unfortunately we did not get to meet up with Mark, but many thanks for letting us come and all the best for the future.
Sandy Bottoms Brewery
Drinking:
KK 1: MT
KK 2: MT

Without beer we would be mere machines!

Andy__

Post by Andy__ » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:51 am

I have just been to this event and on the whole I enjoyed it. The location was great.

Myself and friends all agreed that the Kitty Wilkinsons from Liverpool Organic was just about the best beer available.

I was, however disappointed by the number of good beers, from other brewery's, that were unavailable early on during the evening, because they had run out. I can imagine the people coming on Sunday being a great deal more disappointed. Also the heat at he event made a few beers unpalatable.

critch

Post by critch » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:49 am

Andy__ wrote:I have just been to this event and on the whole I enjoyed it. The location was great.

Myself and friends all agreed that the Kitty Wilkinsons from Liverpool Organic was just about the best beer available.

I was, however disappointed by the number of good beers, from other brewery's, that were unavailable early on during the evening, because they had run out. I can imagine the people coming on Sunday being a great deal more disappointed. Also the heat at he event made a few beers unpalatable.
fully agree with the point about the heat , we only had ice jackets and the hall kept putting the heating on, which made some of the beer suffer unfortunately. next time we'll have cool probes for the beers, its the first time we'd done it there so its a learning curve...with a better cooling solution the beer would last a lot longer :wink:
however the beer list wasnt bad I.M.O. and there was plenty of choice left even after sunday had finished(over 130 casks had sevicable amounts in them) yes quite a few beers had run out, but thats the nature of the game, we certainly cant guarantee every beer would be on that late in the weekend, B.T.W.thanks for the comment about the kitty, personally i cant stand it!

symptomlesscoma

Post by symptomlesscoma » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:27 am

Had a great time at this festival. Dont think I had a bad half all night. Did go on the thurs night session though, so all beer would have still been in great condition. Although my mate had a half of whitby black death that smelled of arse.
The stand out beers I thought were liverpool organic imperial russion stout, great heck yakima ipa and mikkeler simcoe upstairs in keg bar.
The only dissapointment was the plastic glasses you had to have to go upstairs to keg bar. 'Health and safety gone mad' springs to mind, but I suppose that was restriction enforced by venue.
One more thing critch, what happened to mad hatter beers?