Home brew set ups?

Discussion on brewing beer from malt extract, hops, and yeast.
beatts

Home brew set ups?

Post by beatts » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:39 am

Hi,

Just wondering how people go about their homebrewing in terms of what is on the go at any one time?

Do people generally have one kit in the fermenter, one ready to drink and perhaps one being conditioned?

I only have the one pressure barrel for now but I have a few fermenting bins. I think I will purchase another barrel so that I can be conditioning one, whilst drinking another, with one in the fermenter.

cheers

beatts

Re: Home brew set ups?

Post by beatts » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:50 am

I think I should have posted this in the kit forum. oops!

Cully
Even further under the Table
Location: with the powers of light and dark... I.e. Newcastle

Post by Cully » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:54 am

I know for me, when I came back to this 5 or so years ago, I found that there is so much variety of kit now compared to the olden days that a second, then third fermenter followed. If you want a constant supply of beer, at least 2 is needed. One in bottles, one or two at various stages of fermentation seems to be most people on here.
Nothing's forgotten, nothings EVER forgotten...

JamesF
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by JamesF » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:07 am

I'm all-grain, but if I'm getting fermentation times of a week (as seems to be the case of late) then I usually have one batch fermenting, one batch in the fermentation cabinet conditioning and three or perhaps even four batches in the cellar completing conditioning with another two or three that we're drinking. Once I move to batches larger than 25l I might try to slow down a bit :)

James