Brupaks all grain kits

Make grain beers with the absolute minimum of equipment. Discuss here.
PEACOCKSUIT

Brupaks all grain kits

Post by PEACOCKSUIT » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:43 am

Are these any good? Im looking at one for my first all grain brew - which will be a BIAB. I am only trying all grain due to the ease of the BIAB process and not having to buy extra equipment. If anyone can suggest a recipe that would work particularly well with this method I would be grateful to hear of any. I would like to get a few corny's filled and ready for xmas.

Cheers.

Big G

Re: Brupaks all grain kits

Post by Big G » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:27 pm

I bought the German Rauchbeir Kit for one of my 1st AG brews. Tasted great but very bad head retension. As I was new to AG thats why I bought the kit, wouldnt buy again as i'd rather have control of what grains I put in. Good for a begginer none the less.

My first AG was this, dead easy and my fav so far.
15L Brew
23L Mash liquer in total
3000g Marris Otter
200g Torrefied Wheat
200g Crytsal Malt
30g Cascade (90min)
18g Progress (10min)
13g Cascade (flame out)
Nottingham Danstar Yeast

PEACOCKSUIT

Post by PEACOCKSUIT » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:57 pm

Was this bottles or kegged? Il be corny kegging and hopefully naturally carbonating it. Perhaps a little wheat or something would aid head retention?

Big G

Post by Big G » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:27 pm

I put the 19L (max) into the corney, force carbonated with the CO2, bottled the remaining with a little priming.
Perhaps a little wheat or something would aid head retention?
It would have but im thinking there was none in there but as they dont give you the grain bill you dont know exactley whats in there. If you buy a kit you shouldnt have to tinker it with it in my opinion.

Some good kits here:

http://www.worcesterhopshop.co.uk/index ... 91d924654a

crafty john

Post by crafty john » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:33 pm

My first AG was a brupaks London Bitter, turned out great, although there wasn't any Irish Moss included in the kit and I added a few extra Goldings at the end for aroma. Very nice pint though.

techtone

Post by techtone » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:14 pm

crafty john wrote:My first AG was a brupaks London Bitter, turned out great, although there wasn't any Irish Moss included in the kit and I added a few extra Goldings at the end for aroma. Very nice pint though.
Mine was the Brupaks Irish Stout (all grain kit) which was also very good. My "kit" came with the Brupaks recipes for Bitter 1, Bitter 2, Irish Stout and Mild Ale. I imagine one of the Bitters is the London Bitter. For my most recent AG, I repeated the Irish Stout using the same recipe but of course using my own ingredients. Nice of them to include this information :D

crafty john

Post by crafty john » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:15 am

techtone wrote:
crafty john wrote:My first AG was a brupaks London Bitter, turned out great, although there wasn't any Irish Moss included in the kit and I added a few extra Goldings at the end for aroma. Very nice pint though.
Mine was the Brupaks Irish Stout (all grain kit) which was also very good. My "kit" came with the Brupaks recipes for Bitter 1, Bitter 2, Irish Stout and Mild Ale. I imagine one of the Bitters is the London Bitter. For my most recent AG, I repeated the Irish Stout using the same recipe but of course using my own ingredients. Nice of them to include this information :D
I think the London bitter is bitter one, is there any chance I could have the recipe :?: I would like to make it again but for a 1/3rd of the cost :wink:

Cheers
John

PEACOCKSUIT

Post by PEACOCKSUIT » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:08 am

How will you do this? Are they just a 2 thirds more expensive in kit form?

crafty john

Post by crafty john » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:38 am

PEACOCKSUIT wrote:How will you do this? Are they just a 2 thirds more expensive in kit form?
Yep the London bitter is £15.95 plus delivery, if you buy your own ingredients from the right sources you can you can do it for about £6.00 or £7.00 tops.

PEACOCKSUIT

Post by PEACOCKSUIT » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:29 pm

Are these sources inc of delivery or are they local to you? Perhaps you could PM me?

staplefordbill

Post by staplefordbill » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:17 pm

I use Brewzer who's on this forum. If you send him a PM he'll give you a quote. What's good for me is that he'll send you the exact ingredients so you don't have to buy more than you need. My brews have cost me around £7 for a 25 litre brewlength.