buffalo boiler

Make grain beers with the absolute minimum of equipment. Discuss here.
Dave-Leeds

buffalo boiler

Post by Dave-Leeds » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:10 am

Hi guys

has any1 used one of these for biab http://www.nisbets.co.uk/Buffalo-Manual ... il.raction

is this a good price and how good is the boiler

cheers

AnthonyUK

Re: buffalo boiler

Post by AnthonyUK » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:14 am

They are popular and are often on offer. I paid £105 inclusive delivered.
This thread has some of the common issues that may need to be resolved - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=42675&start=15
As mentioned in the thread I have done both 'upgrades' and haven't had an issue since.

Dave-Leeds

Post by Dave-Leeds » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:38 am

Brilliant cheers mate

LeeH
Under the Table

buffalo boiler

Post by LeeH » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:00 pm

They have stopped the production o these in China now, so expect them to come down in price shortly then disappear altogether.
Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel

Dave-Leeds

Post by Dave-Leeds » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:12 pm

Really. Wonder if spares will be avalible if needed

might be worth another option but might be worth a try if price drops a fair bit

AnthonyUK

Post by AnthonyUK » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:27 pm

Someone mentioned that there are no spare elements available already.

Dave-Leeds

Post by Dave-Leeds » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:46 pm

Is it possible to use another element with out cutting a hole so it will still be conceled

LeeH
Under the Table

Post by LeeH » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:48 pm

No spares, I spoke to the manufacturer and they will not produce anymore elements.

I doubt you will get an element to fit close enough it will be water tight but I haven't investigated that.
Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel

AnthonyUK

Post by AnthonyUK » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:17 pm

I don't think it will be too difficult to fit a regular element or two if needs be.

Dave-Leeds

Post by Dave-Leeds » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:48 pm

Thanks for the info gents. I think i may consider my options about getting a new boiler

Cpt.Frederickson
Hollow Legs

Post by Cpt.Frederickson » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:37 pm

I loved my Buffalo boilers. But I eventually decided to go stock pot like many here. Try homebrew builder, pricey but well worth it!
The Hand of Doom Brewery and Meadery
Fermenting -
Conditioning - Meads - Raspberry Melomel yeast test, Vanilla Cinnamon Metheglyn, Orange Melomel.
Drinking - Youngs AAA Kit; Leatherwood Traditional Mead, Cyser, Ginger Metheglyn.
Planning - Some kits until I can get back to AG, then a hoppy porter, Jim's ESB, some American Red.

Dave-Leeds

Post by Dave-Leeds » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:54 pm

Thinking of just getting a 32ltr brewpot with ball valve and hop strainer from local hbs
and cutting a hole for an element so i can brew with eletric

bigchris
Piss Artist

Post by bigchris » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:56 am

I've been using one of these Buffalo for some time now, picked up cheap during a Nisbets sale. About a year ago I started BIAB with it and it works just great. I've read a few threads about problems with the cutout switch being a little too sensitive, and it happened to me once also but usually no problem.

I made an SS false bottom to keep the bag off the element which also works well.