Sankey Keg or Cornelius

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
oktaneza

Sankey Keg or Cornelius

Post by oktaneza » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:18 pm

So long time lurker and plastic bottler, I want to get into kegging. The options are pretty simple, either a Corny Keg (in which I can buy pre-canned end to end offerings from BrewUK) or something like a Crusader Keg (in which case I need buy couplers, connectors and the whole hog). I am looking for 2x20L kegs but really looking for advice

- 2x Corny Kegs from Brew UK with everything but a C02 tank

OR

- 2x Crusader Kegs, Ebay S-Type couplers, tubing, connectors

I am leaning towards the crusader options, but I am worried that there is limited support/docs/etc to help me put the kit together. Help please!

Addled Jim

Re: Sankey Keg or Cornelius

Post by Addled Jim » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:52 pm

Hi, and welcome
I have just recently made a similar decision and opted to go down the Crusader route - you obviously have not spotted this on going thread debating the very same question - happy reading
As for the remainder of the gear you would need for a Crusader keg I obtained all of my stuff through the Forum
Cheers
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=58785&p=617815&hili ... ed#p617815

oktaneza

Post by oktaneza » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:55 pm

Excellent - What did you get for the couplers and tubing? Can you tell me where/how and who?

Addled Jim

Post by Addled Jim » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:18 pm

PM sent - good luck!

Crankwood

Post by Crankwood » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:45 pm

oktaneza wrote:Excellent - What did you get for the couplers and tubing? Can you tell me where/how and who?
Bare in mind that kegs as supplied by Crusader are used in every pub in the country so to my mind connectors and everything you need is easily available. I put an ad in a local facebook selling page asking for pub serving gear and within a week amassed a load of stuff for very little money.