angram killed my beer

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
timbo41
Under the Table
Location: nr two big USAFE bases. youll HAVE TO SHOUT! brandon suffolk

angram killed my beer

Post by timbo41 » Sun May 04, 2014 2:16 pm

free image host

What it says on the tin really...introducing my newly scavenged angram. Chuffed...freebie!
Being new to this dispense method, can anyone confirm what I'm already thinking....not much point to running a fairly well carved beer through this? Just pulled a dunkel through this and its flattened it flatter than a flat thing. Not bothered by this,tastes nice, just curious
Just like trying new ideas!

asd

Re: angram killed my beer

Post by asd » Sun May 04, 2014 5:05 pm

Those pumps are designed for English ale, which is more or less flat - If you put something carbonated through, they will knock the condition out of them like nobody's business! As you've discovered! :lol:

Nice looking pump, though. Not sure I've seen a neck like that before.Lokks like it must be offset. :D

timbo41
Under the Table
Location: nr two big USAFE bases. youll HAVE TO SHOUT! brandon suffolk

Re: angram killed my beer

Post by timbo41 » Mon May 05, 2014 7:41 am

Yes the spout is offset to the cylinder. Its a Greene king IPA pump, bit gadgetry really but does pour a lovely pint.Originally I wanted to build a kegerator using a fridge I'm shortly to inherit.....kitchen upgrade...but I can't work out how to connectthe two now as this one is a counter clamper
=P~

I'll post about that in a seperate thread....on this forum someone will have an idea.
Cheers for interest, hope the poly kegs are going well for you
Just like trying new ideas!