Pressure-Adjusting Regulators

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
jaroporter
Drunk as a Skunk

Pressure-Adjusting Regulators

Post by jaroporter » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:15 am

not heard about these before. bit more expensive than a standard secondary regulator but might be a useful option for anyone with no means of temperature control..
dazzled, doused in gin..

bobsbeer

Re: Pressure-Adjusting Regulators

Post by bobsbeer » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:21 pm

Nearly cheaper to buy a fridge. Never seen them before, but as you say expensive.

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:43 pm

someone has posted recently about this and the concept, ?peebee?? and as someone who has no keg cooling and has to suffer the seasonal variances in condition the penetrating ambient temp effects i paid attention,

I turned off pretty rapidly as this could automatically burp off the extra pressure of a warmer than optimum brew and hasten its condition loss to maximum rate,

While currently my beer will loose condition due to warmer than optimum temps that condition will continue to build up as extra pressure in the keg and eventually hit a new balance and retain Some?/ Most? of the condition. When i want to pour I do need to vent the keg to remove the excess pressure, a minor pita, and im quickly reminded by the fobbing pour should i forget..
but at least this loss is contained to a single vent per pouring session.

If automatically vented as soon as it had built up i could loose a lot of c02 and my brews would not retain their condition for as long. as is its hardly noticable from pint to pint..
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(

Kev888
So far gone I'm on the way back again!

Post by Kev888 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:31 pm

I've seen some similar devices that only burp (as fil called it) excess keg pressure or only regulate incoming pressure (according to temperature). If these have an integrated approach to controlling both sensibly, and have enough sensitivity to be useful, then they could be a big step forward. If you use the same level of carbonation for most beers anyway, or else it could get costly.
Kev