Mounting taps through a wall

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
Matt in Birdham
Drunk as a Skunk

Mounting taps through a wall

Post by Matt in Birdham » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:33 am

First up, I should say that I probably won't actually get permission to build this, but my mind is wandering a little..

We are (hopefully) on the verge of buying a house and finally moving out of rental, and we are planning a bit of a refurb on the place before we move in. Part of the plan is a quite a large utility room next to the kitchen, which will house the usual white goods (washer, dryer etc) along with my brewing gear and keezer. I had an idea that I could position the keezer next to the wall that adjoins the kitchen, and plumb my taps through the wall. The distance wouldn't be far (probably an inch or so from keezer -> internal wall -> tap). The setup in the kitchen would be tiled wall with perhaps three taps affixed, drip tray underneath. Sounds great to me! Anyone tried something similar? Any gotchas here? I assume I would need to insulate my beer line but apart from that I am imagining a fairly simple installation. One thing I did think of is that the serving area could essentially be a void in the wall (like a hatchway), filled with just a thin sort of board (tiled on top, kitchen side), which would mean I wouldn't need particularly long tap shanks.

f00b4r
Site Admin

Re: Mounting taps through a wall

Post by f00b4r » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:58 am

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:59 am

There is also someone else who did a really nice job and had a pegas stainless tap mounted.

Matt in Birdham
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Matt in Birdham » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:08 pm

Awesome - thanks! That's almost exactly as I envisaged it - a sort of hatchway with a panel mounted for the taps. The advantage being as well that the whole panel could be swapped for something else (a window?) if moving out. I've already floated the idea vaguely and didn't get the immediate knock back I was expecting.. so this could actually happen :)

Goulders
Under the Table

Post by Goulders » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:08 pm

f00b4r wrote:There is also someone else who did a really nice job and had a pegas stainless tap mounted.
Here

Matt in Birdham
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Matt in Birdham » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Goulders wrote:
f00b4r wrote:There is also someone else who did a really nice job and had a pegas stainless tap mounted.
Here
Thanks - that looks like a nice job.