Sparkler Taps

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
elmarcos

Sparkler Taps

Post by elmarcos » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:32 am

Hi guys

Hoping you can help..

I have two sparkler taps I've managed to put on budget barrels. I normally use s30 for gas. When I pour the beer is gushing out and it has a foam head on it. This quickly dissipates to leave flat beer.

Can anyone help at all?

davew
Piss Artist

Re: Sparkler Taps

Post by davew » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:06 pm

Tighten up the sparkler so it flows slower and pour with tap full on, if you all grain use a bit of torrified wheat 5-10%

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
Fermenting: Wilkos Cider
Drinking: Wilkos Hoppy Copper (very nice)

elmarcos

Post by elmarcos » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:56 pm

I have tightened them up but it makes no difference on both of them. If I have the tap full on it fills in about 3 seconds with almost no control.

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:05 pm

remove the sparkler completely your beer in a PB is already conditioned to a fairly high level, so pushing it thru a sparkler into the glass is probably agitating all the condition out of the beer. if primed and topped up with an s30 bottle it should pour with a head without the sparkler fitted at all.

sparklers are generally used up north where for some reason buying an inch or more of air with your beer seems like a good idea? :lol: and puts a head on a low conditioned beer when served through a pump or engine.

A very simple alternative for putting a head on the beer when it pours well with just a hint of lace on the surface is to use a small 10-20ml syringe to suck up some beer and squirt it back into the glass, simple cheap and guaranteed to please someone wanting air on their beer ;)
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(

donchiquon
Hollow Legs

Post by donchiquon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:16 am

I use these on budget PBs and find that using without the sparkler attachment works well. I just use the tap to vary the flow and produce a pour w or w'out head.

As Fil said, it sounds like the sparkler attachment is knocking all the CO2 out of the beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ian

elmarcos

Post by elmarcos » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:07 pm

Hi guys

Just want to confirm taking the sparkler off worked. Bizarre really but thanks everyone.