Taps

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
Will333

Taps

Post by Will333 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:28 pm

Does anyone have a recommendation for taps for keezers?

I assume the fully ss ones would be the best for ensuring that clean beer is served.

The intertap taps look good. Are there any other makes worth looking at?

demig
Hollow Legs

Re: Taps

Post by demig » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:59 pm

Can't comment on other taps but the intertap ones are excellent. The stout spout does a marvellous job without needing nitro. They don't seem to ever stick and the flow control ones work really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Secla
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Secla » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:03 pm

Yup intertaps are good for the price, as good as perlicks I'd say

joe1002
Piss Artist

Post by joe1002 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:03 pm

I have a standard intertap with shank I no longer use if you are interested. It doesn't have the stout spout or flow control but it is certainly the best tap I ever had on my keezer.

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:02 am

go black plastic dalex style, WAY MORE PRACTICAL, the shiney chrome covered US style taps will require regular weekly cleaning while the nice n cheap black plastic dalex style taps have removable spouts you can b=pull and soak between sessions.

without either pulling spouts or cleaning then you run the risk of fungus gnats or wine flys ( i garden too so know the beasts by both names) popping up the spout and leaving something to grow on the residue of beer in the tap.

you can buy special rubber caps to fit such taps to keep out the fungus gnats but how often would you forget to fit em or loose em..

If your deadset on metalic taps then ebay some dalex style ex pup metalic taps..

As we tend to clean line/taps when we change kegs rather than a weekly chore which is needed in a comercial environment to account for the numerous un sanitized keg changes that take place between cleans. A tap spout could even close up with gunk n growth (Happened to me with a sweet ginger beer that was on tap for well over a year as it was used exclusivly for cooking 1/2 a pint at a time, one day the beer didnt pour, i checked the keg and there was lots of beer, pulled the spout .. OMG it was full of GUNK!!
I now pull spouts after every session for a soak n clean before next use...
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(