Maxi cooler

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
alexlark
Under the Table

Re: Maxi cooler

Post by alexlark » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:34 pm

Yep, anywhere after the primary reg.

joe1002
Piss Artist

Post by joe1002 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Alexdc12 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:14 pm
Just noticed you are in Essex too!
I didn't even notice your location, I'm near Chelmsford, anywhere near you?

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:54 pm

switch to using co2 not mixed gas if you can, mixed gas helps push beer through long feeds of beerline without disrupting the condition level maintained by the temp and pressure within the keg.

as your not pushing thru 40/50m or more of beer line and are not serving stout or a creamflow bitter co2 is a much better gas to use. Its also much easier to use to manage beer condition levels as you can exhaust the co2 within a keg pressured highly with mixed gas ..

re the optimum pressure, imho the keg charts are ok for a visual guide of the balance your dealing with but practical experience with your set up will reveal the truth, so simply set up to pour a good pint, then as time goes by and you notice a change in the beers condition before the keg has been emptied its easily resolved by upping the co2 pressure by 10 psi or more for a short while to make up lost condition, agitating and chilling the keg help in adding condition to a brew.. Or if over conditioned a few shake n vent repititions can vent off excess condition, in which case lowering the serving pressure a tad should avoid this again.

thing is with a keg at or close to ambient temp fed thru a chiller to a tap yopur always gonna be serving by the seat of your pants as your keg condition is in a state of flux, fluctuating in temp daily with a trend up or down depending if winter is behind or ahead..

as this is how i keg my #1 tip is to vent the keg to normalise its serving pressure (vent any condition lost due to too high a temp/low a serving pressure) before attempting the first pour of the evening.. gas is cheap..
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(