Keezer Fan Holder

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
sonicated
Hollow Legs

Keezer Fan Holder

Post by sonicated » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:35 pm

I was having trouble with ice forming at the bottom of my Keezer and it being warmer at the top by about 8C. I saw others have installed a fan so I bought a 120mm USB powered case fan from Amazon.

It was working well balanced between to kegs but this was obviously a pain. I couldn't really find something to hold it so I designed a holder which works really well and even if I stack cans to the lid the top ones are just as cool as the bottom. I've put the design on Thingiverse if anyone else wants one.

The Keezer

The design

Printed

In use

ciderhead
Piss Artist

Re: Keezer Fan Holder

Post by ciderhead » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:47 pm

Nice!
I had a Keezer where I froze 3 lager kegs solid, one went on to win a comp .
In my case I was controlling keezer with STC 1000 and had the probe 3/4 way up instead of the bottom.
I loved keezer because of the taps but was a pita because of the constant condensation even after I put in a small boat/caravan dehumidifier.

Top Cat
Piss Artist

Post by Top Cat » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:58 pm

Surprised you had so much condensation ciderhead. I have the same keezer as sonicated (coincidence!) and I have the same temperature variation problems that he had, I discovered freezers chill from the bottom up, having my sensor about a foot from the top, I was getting much cooler beer coming from the bottom of my cornies. I thought of a fan and may still fit one, but as the beer is always drawn from the bottom, by moving my inkbird sensor near the bottom, I get the beer drawn the temperature I’ve set at (12c),near the top it’s probably 5c higher, so should only affect the beer in the lines. At the moment average room temperature is about 21c the freezer is on for 4 minutes and off for about 1 3/4 hours and no apparent condensation, though I’ve been warned about it!

Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by Fil » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:50 pm

sure beats my solution which for fan #1 which did last a good 3+years i simply epoxied it to the thin plastic shell of my fridge interior..

On its inevitable failure i took a pair of pliers to it and pulled out its motor, blades, and support leaving me with an empty shell onto which the replacement was screwed and NOT glued.. ;))
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(