Splitting beer line

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
Duanestevens
Sober

Splitting beer line

Post by Duanestevens » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:59 am

Hi, I'm not sure if this has been discussed but I have search through a lot of the threads and can't find anything.

Excuse my lack of knowledge!

I am trying to find out that if it's possible to split a beer line after the cooler to two seperate font taps? If so would this reduce the flow when using both taps at the same time and would the larger/beer not cool down going through the cooler. Also what would be the best connectors to use to split the lines and best line size.

If I was to do this I would for example have a cooler in the middle of a 5m bar and the bar would have a left hand font with taps and a right hand font with taps so from the cooler I would split into to seperate pythons one going left one going right, I understand if I do this I would have to send the recirculated coolent up and down one python then up and down the other.

Thanks in advance for advice

Cheers

Jim
Site Admin

Re: Splitting beer line

Post by Jim » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:02 pm

I've never done this, but intuitively it must slow down the flow if both taps are open.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Philip K. Dick

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

LeeH
Under the Table

Post by LeeH » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:28 pm

Yep, you will get a pressure loss as soon as the other tap opens.

You will need 2 kegs and a chiller with 2 coils like a Maxi 210.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
To monitor my latest fermentation 27/10 click here
To view my new AG build click here
Keg 1: Berliner Weisse
Keg 2: APA
Keg 3: Stout (Nitro)
Keg 4: Empty

Duanestevens
Sober

Post by Duanestevens » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:39 am

Thank you

Can if I have a four out cooler can I just split the recirculated cooler and one python go to 2 taps and another python go to another 2 taps

LeeH
Under the Table

Post by LeeH » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:38 am

Sorry I don’t quite understand.

A 4 coil cooler feed 4 taps. The chilled water recirc can feed 4 fonts. If you have them in series (1 loop) the first will be the coldest, the last the warmest. I would probably pipe them up in parallel by taking the flow and return close to all 4 and spitting them into 4 from there.

To monitor my latest fermentation 27/10 click here
To view my new AG build click here
Keg 1: Berliner Weisse
Keg 2: APA
Keg 3: Stout (Nitro)
Keg 4: Empty

greenwood
Steady Drinker

Post by greenwood » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:38 pm

LeeH wrote:Sorry I don’t quite understand.

A 4 coil cooler feed 4 taps. The chilled water recirc can feed 4 fonts. If you have them in series (1 loop) the first will be the coldest, the last the warmest. I would probably pipe them up in parallel by taking the flow and return close to all 4 and spitting them into 4 from there.

I have run several waterjacket handpunps and font pythons of one recirculating pump (in series) .Although in principle this means that some pumps will be colder than others , in practice as long as you leave the cooler switched on for long enough and you are in a reasonably cool environment there is no discernible difference in temperature at each pump/font

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk