Bottling without priming

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
nstofberg
Sober

Bottling without priming

Post by nstofberg » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:35 pm

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and to brewing. I have made a few brewfirm kits that have turned out fantastically!, I have a problem with my last brew though. I work away from home for for four weeks at a time and have been called up early, and I still have a beer fermenting. I would like to bottle without the addition of priming suger but have no idea at what gravaty to bottle. The kits I use always end with an FG of 1,010 I usaly use 7g per liter of dextrose for priming. If some one can tell me what that equates to I can bottle early without priming. I understand that there will be more sediment in my beer but its that or chuck the lot 😪

Thank you in advance
Nick

Kingfisher4
Hollow Legs

Re: Bottling without priming

Post by Kingfisher4 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:44 pm

What is your usual OG and what is your current gravity of the fermenting kit you’re thinking of bottling early??

Jocky
Even further under the Table

Re: Bottling without priming

Post by Jocky » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Is there no option to leave your fermenter somewhere coolish (e.g. 12-16c)? If you can, just make sure it's airtight with an airlock and leave it. It'll be fine for 4 weeks.

Otherwise, check the gravity and as long as you're within a couple of points of usual FG you should be able to bottle. Just put the bottles somewhere out of the way so if they pop there won't be a problem.
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.