Chest Freezers for Keezer

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
Mattzm
Tippler

Chest Freezers for Keezer

Post by Mattzm » Mon May 18, 2020 11:36 am

Hey folks, was hoping I could see some people's setups to get an idea of different freezers internal dimensions as I'm looking to get back into having beer on tap and also to have some smaller cornies for dispensing soda water. Does anyone do something similar? The Dream™ is to have two kegs of beer and two of soda water/soft drink.

Pics, links,spreadsheets of dimensions all appreciated.

LeeH
Under the Table

Re: Chest Freezers for Keezer

Post by LeeH » Tue May 19, 2020 5:45 am

I can fit 3 large and 1 small cornie in mine dispensed by a soda stream bottle.

I’ll get you the model number soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel

KevH
Steady Drinker

Post by KevH » Tue May 19, 2020 8:15 am

I have a midi-sized chest freezer. Put a collar on it. 5full sized cornies fit in it. Model number to follow (if I can find it on it!) Thinks it's a Norfrost brand.
BIAB, working through Greg Hughes (GH) recipes to begin with.

Planning: Patersbier (extract version), Russian Imperial Stout. Turbo cider, IPA, Limoncello.
Fermenting: nothing.
Conditioning: GH American ipa (6.3%), GH Summer ale (3.8%), GH Oktoberfest (6.8%), Japanese Lager AG (4.9%)
Drinking: nowt.
Drunk: GH Czech Pilsner (6.4%); GH Winter Warmer (4.9%); GH Christmas Ale (5.25%), Coopers Wheat beer kit (4.7%)

Jocky
Even further under the Table

Post by Jocky » Tue May 19, 2020 9:20 am

KevH wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 8:15 am
I have a midi-sized chest freezer. Put a collar on it. 5full sized cornies fit in it. Model number to follow (if I can find it on it!) Thinks it's a Norfrost brand.
If you have the time I'd really be interested in a couple of pics of the internal layout of kegs and some internal measurements.
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.