Something to make you laugh

Discuss making up beer kits - the simplest way to brew.
Axl

Something to make you laugh

Post by Axl » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:20 am

I've only been home brewing for about 6 month's now from kits, i figured that was the best way to start and the first couple of attempts proved excellent results.

I don't mind sharing my mistakes, and i figure this is a good way to start my time here.

At the weekend i finally decided to make a kit beer i bought some time ago.

I followed the instructions to the letter with no problems arising, everything was in place and all i had to do was bring my pot to the boil and then simmer for 5mins.

While waiting for the pot to warm up i gazed out the window at a helicopter of all things flying quite low, i thought nothing of it until the nearest and dearest shouted from behind, " its boiling over " to which i turned round to find a brown sea of beer over flowing from my pot.

Naturally i ranted and raved for about half an hour and then started to find the funny side to it. :D :bonk

Axl

Andy
Virtually comatose but still standing

Post by Andy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:19 am

:D

Hopefully you didn't lose too much nectar!

Beer just wants to be made and seems to be very forgiving of our cockups B)

Reg
I do it all with smoke and mirrors

Post by Reg » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:20 am

Aha! A beer slick. Did you have environmentalists descending on you volunteering to clean local wildlife?!?!? :P :lol: :D :huh:

Welcome!

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:24 am

Just out of interest, is there anyone here who hasn't done that? :lol: :lol:

Axl

Post by Axl » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:09 pm

:lol: :lol:

I lost less than a cup full luckily, and its fermenting nicely now, should be ready to add the finnings this weekend.

I'd like to get into full mashing, but i'm brewing on a very small budget right now, so buying things bit by bit. :D ;)

Axl

Post by Axl » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:46 pm

Thanks DAAB,

I guess a trip to me local HBS is in order. ;)

Axl

Post by Axl » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:02 pm

QUOTE (Daft as a Brush @ Jan 27 2006, 12:53 PM) Let me know if you want full details, btw the pot must be able to boil a minimum of 2 gallons. B)

DAAB

That might be a good idea mate, completely new and completely naive to this. :rolleyes: