Fermented bathwater

Discuss making up beer kits - the simplest way to brew.
Glug

Fermented bathwater

Post by Glug » Fri May 12, 2006 8:41 pm

No I haven't made this, but its probaly a good description of my brews made prior to discovering all the great info on brewing forums.

Have started drinking a Woodfords Wherry made without all the previous mistakes such as:-

Not filtering the tap water.
Taking a bit more care with the Wort.
Not thinking it would help the fermentation to give it a good stir after day 3.
Not leaving it to ferment a bit longer than needed.
Especially not droping the beer into the bottles to give it a bit of froth so I can tell when the bottle is nearly full.
Using the correct type of sugar for conditioning.
Waiting a bit (only a little bit) longer before trying the stuff.
And many other useful little tips.

Result - Wow I only hope I don't drink it all to fast, well that is untill my next one is ready to drink (Bottling this weekend an IPA). So many thanks to you all. :D :D :D

Andy
Virtually comatose but still standing

Post by Andy » Fri May 12, 2006 8:48 pm

:pink

Glug

Post by Glug » Fri May 12, 2006 8:56 pm

QUOTE (Daft as a Brush @ May 12 2006, 07:49 PM) Just think of all that alcohol duty that stays in your pocket rather than going to Mr Brown  B)
Even more reason to enjoy

Horden Hillbilly

Post by Horden Hillbilly » Fri May 12, 2006 9:00 pm

Well done! Isn't it a great feeling when it all comes together and you have a great tasting brew as a reward for your efforts!

Hope this encourages you to continue to enjoy brewing beers that you enjoy and that are the envy of your friends, it's nice to offer someone a good beer and saying to them, " I made this myself", although you may be in danger of becoming extremely popular if you keep it up, I know that invitations to my tasting sessions/social evenings etc are very much sought after!