My First brew

Discuss making up beer kits - the simplest way to brew.
Wolfdog

My First brew

Post by Wolfdog » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:05 pm

My first brew!,...
well Its a success!! =D> :D :beer:
the bottled ale is a little flat, but i was worried that the bottles would blow up so i may have under primed! #-o But the Kegged beer is bloody ace!!!!!! It has a little bit of a toffee twang, is this a trait of the tinned kits i wonder? but its still lovely, It should have been a IPA but I used amber LME so it looks more like Hob goblin in colour and body, but I say agian, "its lovely!". Would i do a kit again, yes! I think I will try another 3 or 4 till a get a consistant success then move on to full mashin'. Wife permitting lol
:mrgreen:

StrangeBrew
Under the Table

Re: My First brew

Post by StrangeBrew » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:10 pm

Congrats Wolfdog! =D> It's now a slippery slope to shininess!

Which kit was it?

Reg
I do it all with smoke and mirrors

Post by Reg » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:20 pm

Congratulations Wolfdog!

Any piccies? What kit? What's planned next?

Wolfdog

Post by Wolfdog » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:02 pm

well it was a Coopers IPA, but I used Coopers amber LME so i guess its no longer an IPA, but its lovely! :D
Image i cant get the pint to stand up strait! or is it me LOL !!!
sorry bout the quality of the picture, the glass is a bit grease as Id just eaten pizza but I hope it shows the colour off well! quite dark, got a bonfire toffee taste, which is nice ;)
I have some Muntons midas conditioning at the mo'. My next kit,..well my house is up for sale and the wife is giving me the hard word about the Fv's and kegs o' and bottles every where so I may have to bide my time :( however when i told her it only cost ten bob a pint she was sold on the idea!! :=P So once ive cleared the decks I think i will do another Coopers, well impressed!! I'm hoping for a bigger house with a brew area for me set up all the time. The wife is now on board with the idea so I think It will be an on going thing once we have re located :lol: :lol: :lol:
Home brew,.....its the future of real ales!
can i just say I had a bottle from a "micro brewery" and it cost £2.50. I fine this hard to say, but I poured it down the sink!!! it was crap!!!! my glass is now full of home brew @50p a pint! BARGIN!!
My dream is now to make a full mashin brew, but I know this will take time and much studying.
Kind regards
Pete! :D :D :D :D

Reg
I do it all with smoke and mirrors

Post by Reg » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:45 pm

Well that looks like a pint to me.

Keep on at it! ;)

Mogwyth

Post by Mogwyth » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:14 pm

Just bottled my Coopers IPA had a little taster while doing so :D Surprised how good it was despite the yeast twang and lack of conditioning.

alefric

Post by alefric » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:27 pm

Welldone Wolfdog that pint looks sound and keep going, the dark side awaits!!......where abouts in Gods county are you?

Andrew

DrZiggy

Post by DrZiggy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:18 am

loving the picture :D the ornament behind the pint makes it look like a little shrine :lol:

Wolfdog

Post by Wolfdog » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:45 pm

alefric wrote:Welldone Wolfdog that pint looks sound and keep going, the dark side awaits!!......where abouts in Gods county are you?

Andrew
Gods own vally o't River Aire, by the Five rise locks. As we say round here, " feck the path! stick T moor!" lol

Will be bottling my Munton Midas this aft' so maybe next week I may have a choice of Ale! =P~ [-o< :lol:

brysie

Post by brysie » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:42 pm

Wolfdog wrote:when i told her it only cost ten bob a pint she was sold on the idea!! :=P
very persuasive argument you silver tongue devil =D>

Wolfdog

Post by Wolfdog » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:21 pm

brysie wrote:
Wolfdog wrote:when i told her it only cost ten bob a pint she was sold on the idea!! :=P
very persuasive argument you silver tongue devil =D>
One thing I have leanrd is "get the wife one board!" she equates the more money I save the more money she has to spend! LOL

I ran an experiment the other night, a dirty job but I had to do it!! Here goes,... Normally I can drink around 8 or 9 bottles of real ale, TTL, Wychwood,Waggle dance and the likes. Last night all I drank was my Coopers IPA+Coopers amber LME I managed 5 bottles then was rudely awoken by my wife suggesting that I should go to bed! SUCCESS!!!! i've can now drink for £2.50 a night and still up set my wife!!! BARGIN, LOL!!!! This use to cost me aroung £20 so now i still have change for a bag of chips!! LOL, Fantastic hahahaha
As you may have probley guessed im drinking my home brew,..........I'll get mi coat! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:=P :=P :=P :=P

brysie

Post by brysie » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:17 pm

funny you should say that..

there was a thread on here a while back about home brews being more potent than commercially produced ale.
i drink krony in the pub and i can swally a fair bit before falling over, but i had a few bottles of ditches stout the other night and low and behold, i woke up on the sofa at half two in the morning, roasting `cos the fire had been on all night and the telly still blinking with someone doing sign language. surreal.
all i can think is that we might be working out our abv`s wrong and home produced is stronger. :D