Muntons, why ALWAYS stuck on 1020???

Discuss making up beer kits - the simplest way to brew.
Barloch

Re: Muntons, why ALWAYS stuck on 1020???

Post by Barloch » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:45 pm

Loafman wrote:I don't think it would likely go much lower than 1014 judging by what others have said. What bottles are you using? I bottled some Olde Home Wrecker a bit early and have had no problems... well, other than them impersonating a volcano if they are not put in the fridge for 3 or 4 hours prior to opening. They turned out as fizzy as Coca Cola! Still good though! I may have been a bit lucky though as I reused disposable bottles (Spitfire and the like), so by all accounts I should have had a cupboard full of bombs waiting to kill me!
I used 20 bottles spitfire and the like (asda sell 4 box for a fiver) so been saving those up, also used bottles from the orkney brewery, lia fail and ossian, good sturdy bottles, all are in my loft under a sleeping bag and in milk crates, so been listening out for a bang or two, usually i leave in a fridge over night to let the sediment settle and previous brews seem ok, not too much fizz but with these coming out of teh FV with a fair amount of fizz already, the addtional half tea spoon of brewing sugar might just be a bridge too far, could use them to ward off the natives instead of molotove cocktails :lol:

BrewmasterXXX
Sober

Post by BrewmasterXXX » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:13 pm

:D Easy answer,- dont use their yeast. use Nottingham yeast.

charliemartin
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by charliemartin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:54 am

Don't know if you noticed, but this thread is over 6 years old.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Altonrea Homebrew