Fresh wort beer kits - The Malt Miller

Discuss making up beer kits - the simplest way to brew.
octoscott

Re: Fresh wort beer kits - The Malt Miller

Post by octoscott » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:10 am

This would just take all the fun out it in my opinion.

It's like saying you made a meal even tho you just chucked a jar of pre made sauce over pre cooked chicken.

DerbyshireNick

Post by DerbyshireNick » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:14 am

I was initially skeptical but as said, outside of "doing one out of interest" the bread and butter of this new line isn't really going to be us AG'ers.

However, having shared the link and shown quite a few people who drink my beer and (because its so awesome :mrgreen: ) immediately want to start brewing too they think its an amazing thing.

Obviously I am now telling them "you could buy this traditional £25 kit...or what would be better is...". You would imagine that with time they will all move on to extract or grain brewing so there needs to be a constant churn of newbies coming into the hobby to keep this idea going...

The massive market for traditional extract based kits tells you that it shouldn't be a problem!

There is also the benefit to our community that because this wort is high quality and no chlorine filled water is being added peoples early brews are going to be SO MUCH BETTER. This means people using this as an introduction are far far far more likely to stick around.

alexlark
Under the Table

Post by alexlark » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:05 am

@ DerbyshireNick - You got some good points there!

vacant
Even further under the Table

Post by vacant » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:14 am

DerbyshireNick wrote:"you could buy this traditional £25 kit...or what would be better is..."
Same price really as it includes a free no-chill cube
I brew therefore I ... I .... forget

aamcle
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by aamcle » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:19 pm

vacant wrote:
DerbyshireNick wrote:"you could buy this traditional £25 kit...or what would be better is..."
Same price really as it includes a free no-chill cube
An extra cube is always handy, considering a Wherry in Wilco is about £22 its not expensive.

Aamcle

DerbyshireNick

Post by DerbyshireNick » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:24 am

Well its not free as it would only be "free" if you were getting them at the same price but granted the cost of the cube has to be considered.

Not sure how many of these one would be allowed to keep knocking around the house though :?

Hugh Jampton

Post by Hugh Jampton » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:51 am

Why would anybody making one of these kits want a no chill cube?

I think these kits are a great idea and I hope they prove popular. Every product that improves the quality of home brewed beer is a good thing.

DerbyshireNick

Post by DerbyshireNick » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:08 am

Hugh Jampton wrote:Why would anybody making one of these kits want a no chill cube?

Oi! voice of reason and logic we don't want your sort around 'ere :mrgreen:

vacant
Even further under the Table

Post by vacant » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:26 am

Hugh Jampton wrote:Why would anybody making one of these kits want a no chill cube?
Once you've got that, there's little excuse left not to move to the dark side at no cost. ;)

"This FV is getting a bit manky. Oh dear, I snapped the lid off our kettle, snagging it on that net curtain. Now I've just happened to recycle the element to make a boiler. Might as well do a BIAB".
I brew therefore I ... I .... forget

beerlover1983

Post by beerlover1983 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:44 am

As promised a review of the the Fresh wort beer kit from the malt miller rosetta new world red ale

https://youtu.be/OAe35B05-lo

Pinto
Falling off the Barstool

Post by Pinto » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:41 pm

High praise indeed :)

I think if the quality is that high, it could well have a bright future - there are a lot of brewers out there who find the "premium" kits still fall short and lack the time/space/inclination for BIAB or All Grain. I think what MM need to do next is get some of these front and centre of a few festivals to push them to a wider audience - and as sales grow, economies of scale should also bring the prices down :)
Primary 1: Nonthing
Primary 2 : Nothing
Primary 3 : None
Secondary 1 : Empty
Secondary 1 : None
DJ(1) : Nowt
DJ(2) : N'otin....
In the Keg : Nada
Conditioning : Nowt
In the bottle : Cinnamonator TC, Apple Boost Cider, Apple & Strawberry Cider
Planning : AG #5 - Galaxy Pale (re-brew) / #6 - Alco-Brau (Special Brew Clone) / #7 Something belgian...
Projects : Mini-brew (12l brew length kit) nearly ready :D

Join the BrewChat - open minds and adults only ;) - Click here

DerbyshireNick

Post by DerbyshireNick » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:14 am

Ill be picking one up at some point I think, Beerlover just has me wanting to try that bloomin beer now!!!

kebabman
Piss Artist

Post by kebabman » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:23 pm

Does anyone know who the brewer of the wort is?

DerbyshireNick

Post by DerbyshireNick » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:55 pm

Unless I completely got the wrong end of the stick I am pretty sure they knock about 'round here. So... I think you can safely assume this thread is being followed. They may be wanting to keep a professional distance though so might not want to say. It hasn't been mentioned by MM and you would assume it would be a selling point to know where it came from but unless I am over thinking it there might be commercial reasons why the brewer doesn't want to be disclosed.

Mr. Dripping

Post by Mr. Dripping » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:05 pm

Personally, I'd be more inclined to buy them if I knew whose wort it was.