Woodfordes admirals reserve fail??

Discuss making up beer kits - the simplest way to brew.
orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Re: Woodfordes admirals reserve fail??

Post by orlando » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:19 am

Starsan goes a long way so your suggestion is OK but a more economical approach is to use a bottle tree with a reservoir of starsan with a bottle sprayer combined. Search for the best price combination of something like this . Combine this with a 1 litre bottle sprayer and one of the bottle versions of these and you pretty much have it covered. :wink: If you already have a bottle brush but like the idea of using a drill you could cut the loop of the handle off and stick that in your drill. Suddenly cleaning and sanitising bottles looks less daunting. But I bet you end up kegging eventually. :lol:

EDIT: This site appears to offer what you need at a reasonable price.
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

FUBAR
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by FUBAR » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:36 am

Invest a few quid on a bottle rinser and a bottle tree,takes most of the pain of bottling away.Simply fill the rinser with starsan,press each up turned bottle on the rinser plunger a few times,then place on the bottle tree,job done ! .
I buy my grain & hops from here http://www.homebrewkent.co.uk/

I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me - Winston Churchill

Monkhouse
Steady Drinker

Post by Monkhouse » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:44 am

That’s awesome! Thanks so much for the idea of the bottle Rinser! I’ve bought one on amazon (the yellow one) and the starsan I will be using too now. I’ve been busy making myself a bottle drainer (8mm ply with legs and 32mm holes drilled - 42 holes in total) can you tell im skint?
Anyway in other news....I think the beer may be correcting itself in the bottles! It’s taking way longer than any other brew I’ve done but I may see light at the end of the tunnel for this one yet!!!

WalesAles
Falling off the Barstool

Post by WalesAles » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:29 am

Monkhouse wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:44 am
I think the beer may be correcting itself in the bottles! It’s taking way longer than any other brew I’ve done but I may see light at the end of the tunnel for this one yet!!!
Monk,
Great News! :D
I hope the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train coming! #-o

WA

Sent from my sofa.

timtoos
Piss Artist

Post by timtoos » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:29 am

I did this brew, together with the Nelsons, a few years ago. I found them both took an age to be worth drinking. If my mind serves me correct, I bottled just before the Christmas and the ones leading up to March the following year were pretty drab. Once Easter came the brews turned a corner and they were then very nice indeed.
I think the higher ABV kits take much longer to lose the extract harshness. Patience is definitely required with these.... But if you do have patience then it's rewarded.