Festival German Weisse

Discuss making up beer kits - the simplest way to brew.
CumbernauldBrewer
Sober

Festival German Weisse

Post by CumbernauldBrewer » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:42 am

Have had a break from brewing and rather than jump back into AG, have decided to do some kits to get stocks up. Hadn’t done a Festival kit before but splashed out to check out the quality. Yeast took off like a rocket and was desperate to escape the fermenter [luckily I had read about this so was prepared] its been in keg for just a week and I intend leaving it for longer, but had to sample. It’s probaly the best tasting kit I have ever done. Exactly what I was looking for in a wheat beer. Now thinking of my next and wondered if I can expect good things from others in the range?

Jim
Site Admin

Re: Festival German Weisse

Post by Jim » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:54 pm

Great to hear your latest brew is a good one! :)

I've never brewed those kits before so can't help (it's a long time since I brewed a kit!).
NURSE!! He's out of bed again!

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

CumbernauldBrewer
Sober

Post by CumbernauldBrewer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:10 pm

No problem Jim, thanks anyway. I have a bulldog kit to do next so I can compare. I am going to get the AG kit dusted down sometime. Started brewing 15 years ago but haven’t done anything at all for for the last 3. Easing myself back in gently and it seems the number of quality kits available has taken off since I last looked which can only be good news. Can’t beat a good AG brew day though!

Kevwaller
Steady Drinker

Post by Kevwaller » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:40 am

The golden stag is a great kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MartyMcFly
Sober

Post by MartyMcFly » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:45 pm

I once did a Festival Landlords Finest a few years back and it set off like a rocket too. The smell from the fermenter was a bit pungent too! But that meant the yeast was working as it should.

Turned out ok, but a bit too bitter for me, but I suspect you won't have that problem with a wheat beer. Will be interested on an update on this as I've just come back to brewing after a four or so year absence!

XxthehoffxX
Sober

Post by XxthehoffxX » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:03 pm

I have been doing kits (downgrade from AG due to time constraints) but this is my favorite kit no HB tang that tends to be present in other kits. A few weeks cold conditioning and its spot on;-)