Grain Supplies

A pre-moderated forum where suppliers can advertise their business. Please start a new topic for each entry. YOUR POST WILL NOT BE VISIBLE UNTIL A MODERATOR APPROVES IT.
BenParr
Sober

Grain Supplies

Post by BenParr » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:26 am

Hello,

I am glad to be part of the group, sharing and learning advice! I would like to introduce my own homebrew supplies website which stocks malts, hops, yeasts and brewing equipment. Please check it out - KegThat.com

Many thanks all!

Jim
Site Admin

Re: Grain Supplies

Post by Jim » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:41 pm

Moved to the correct subforum.
NURSE!! He's out of bed again!

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

Kingfisher4
Hollow Legs

Post by Kingfisher4 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:56 pm

BenParr wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:26 am
Hello,

I am glad to be part of the group, sharing and learning advice! I would like to introduce my own homebrew supplies website which stocks malts, hops, yeasts and brewing equipment. Please check it out - KegThat.com

Many thanks all!
Hi, good luck with your venture. From a quick browse, lots of helpful information with the All grain ingredients you stock. Although from the range of available items, it looks as though you are mainly a supplier of kits?
What may be very useful information for people on the forum is that it seems your complimentary delivery is set at a lower level than most other UK-based suppliers, at only £50 order value.

Rubbery
Piss Artist

Post by Rubbery » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:56 pm

You really need to put the maltster in the malt descriptions, I would not buy without knowing who made it. Also, the ECB would be good to have.

Good luck with your venture

f00b4r
Site Admin

Grain Supplies

Post by f00b4r » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:10 pm

Rubbery wrote:You really need to put the maltster in the malt descriptions, I would not buy without knowing who made it. Also, the ECB would be good to have.
This is good advice as some malts with the same name are not equivalent between maltsters as can be seen by Jocky’s comments about Amber malt (taken from another thread).

Jocky wrote:The Crisp Amber is nice - a slightly nutty roast coffee flavour. It's 50 EBC colour. I've used 25% of the grist in a stout before as it's light enough to provide lots of flavour without too much harshness.

Thomas Fawcett amber is 100 EBC and it's the equivalent of the Crisp Brown malt. You need to be careful of introducing harshness, but I've used brown malt up to 20% so it's possible. It has a much stronger coffee flavour than the Crisp.

Minch Malt's amber seems to be somewhere between the two (45-90 EBC), and I'd treat it that way too. You'll need some experimentation to find how much works ok.
Good luck with the venture.