has the single pot killed the three pot systems

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
nibber
Steady Drinker

Re: has the single pot killed the three pot systems

Post by nibber » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:14 pm

I think there are a lot of home brewers out there that still use the 3 vessel system setup, they are still very popular, and at the end of the day it is whatever you are happy with using :mrgreen:

wezzel01
Piss Artist

Post by wezzel01 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:01 pm

nibber wrote:I think there are a lot of home brewers out there that still use the 3 vessel system setup, they are still very popular, and at the end of the day it is whatever you are happy with using :mrgreen:
My 3 vessel system made great beer but it was a lot of kit to store somewhere. Also, mucking about with pumps, transformers, tubing, spinny sparge arms and all that malarkey was fun at first but became a drudge. Also cleaning was a pain.

Having said that, for some people system building and tweaking, control panels and Heath Robinson contraptions is half the fun.

I suppose it’s horses for courses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hedgerow pete
Tippler

Post by hedgerow pete » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:14 pm

My 3 vessel system made great beer but it was a lot of kit to store somewhere. Also, mucking about with pumps, transformers, tubing, spinny sparge arms and all that malarkey was fun at first but became a drudge. Also cleaning was a pain.

Having said that, for some people system building and tweaking, control panels and Heath Robinson contraptions is half the fun.

I suppose it’s horses for courses.

thats a couple of good pointers, storage and set upand breaking down. I have been doing some bean counting on the set up costs of buying and assembling my own kit again in pieces replacing the whole lot in a set time and budget or on the single high cost purchase of a one shot system. even with the cost of grain father its still very similar, especially once you add the costs of pumps, pipes, fittings, clips and so forth

Mangold
Sober

Post by Mangold » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:42 pm

I have only used one pot systems, but think for the price and quality you can't go wrong!

aamcle
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by aamcle » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:59 pm

I normal sparge with cold water the only disadvantage is that it then takes longer to reach a boil.

Alan