Solar Pump to solve a problem?

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
Swiller
Sober

Solar Pump to solve a problem?

Post by Swiller » Sat May 08, 2021 1:50 pm

Hi guy's I need some advice please.
I am looking to buy a plastic conical fermenter. Having checked out it's dimensions I see it is just over 80cm in height. This poses a problem as the fermenters I have are 50cm and the tap is about 6cm above the fermenter.
I will explain (if I can) I use a Brewmonk all in one which sits on a table which the fermenter just fits under it's tap. There the problem lies. Get a higher table I hear you cry, not that easy.
The table height is the maximum I can manage when lifting the grain pipe up to the hooks, I have arthritis in my fingers and hands and a few other places I won't mention.
Would the answer be to pump the wart into the conical? I read that it is not recommended to use the pump in the Brewmonk to transfer wart.

vacant
Even further under the Table

Re: Solar Pump to solve a problem?

Post by vacant » Sat May 08, 2021 3:00 pm

I have a pulley to lift my BIAB and leave it to drain. With the grain pipe held up by a pulley, could you slide the Brewmonk under it?

Swiller
Sober

Post by Swiller » Sun May 09, 2021 2:02 pm

Thanks Vacant I will give your idea some thought.

themadhippy

Post by themadhippy » Sun May 09, 2021 7:37 pm

cheapskate option would be a pipe from the tap pushed down into the fermenter so its lower than the tap and let physics do the work
Warning: The Dutch Coffeeshops products may contain drugs. Drinks containing caffeine should be used with care and moderation

MashBag

Post by MashBag » Mon May 10, 2021 8:01 am

Better. Don't waste your money on the conical. Problem solved.
Youngs wide mouth fermenter. £15. Sorted.

bottles
Steady Drinker

Post by bottles » Wed May 12, 2021 9:43 pm

Would a scissor lift help. Brew and lift grain pipe. Then activate scissor lift to raise brew to above conical. Depends if you can spare a few inches to insert the scissor lift.
Andrew

MashBag

Post by MashBag » Thu May 13, 2021 3:12 pm

:D :D :D I like my idea better

bottles
Steady Drinker

Post by bottles » Thu May 13, 2021 9:53 pm

Don't disagree. I had a look at prices. The cheapest are round £50 so its not a great solution.
Andrew

MashBag

Post by MashBag » Fri May 14, 2021 8:15 am

Swiller wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:50 pm
Hi guy's I need some advice please.
I am looking to buy a plastic conical fermenter. Having checked out it's dimensions I see it is just over 80cm in height. This poses a problem as the fermenters I have are 50cm and the tap is about 6cm above the fermenter.
I will explain (if I can) I use a Brewmonk all in one which sits on a table which the fermenter just fits under it's tap. There the problem lies. Get a higher table I hear you cry, not that easy.
The table height is the maximum I can manage when lifting the grain pipe up to the hooks, I have arthritis in my fingers and hands and a few other places I won't mention.
Would the answer be to pump the wart into the conical? I read that it is not recommended to use the pump in the Brewmonk to transfer wart.
Different thought? What do you think you will gain with a plastic conical fermenter?