question for braumeister owners

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
paulg

question for braumeister owners

Post by paulg » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:34 pm

I have nearly convinced myself to splash out on a 20 litre BM ,so come on tell me the pros and cons
I need to brew 20.5 litres into my cask so how easily does a 20 litre BM do this?
most of my beers are british mild and bitters ,so 1.035-1.050 OG so I dont think grain would be a restriction but what about liquor? can I add some after mash before the boil to top up if need be
thanks in advance Paul
ps where is the best price?

barneey
Telling imaginary friend stories

Re: question for braumeister owners

Post by barneey » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:12 pm

A 20lt unit will easily do a 20.5 brew length (kegged). I wouldn't worry about the sort of gravity you are talking about easily achievable.

I bought mine from Vigo http://www.vigoltd.com/Catalogue/Braume ... raumeister

If you can afford it at least buy a hop filter....
Hair of the dog, bacon, butty.
Hops, cider pips & hello.

Name the Movie + song :)

oz11
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by oz11 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:52 pm

barneey wrote: If you can afford it at least buy a hop filter....
If you can't afford it... save until you can :)

paulg

Post by paulg » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:16 pm

thanks guys
looked at the vigo website shows 5% discount but cant find shipping to greece ,have sent a message to contact requesting costs,and yes I had already decided on a hop stopper.
If they wont ship to greece I will get it sent to kent and brought over by my man with a van who comes here monthly.
there is not a seller listed for greece on the speidel website so cant see any reasons for vigo not to ship

have seen on aussie website that there was some one selling pickup tubes for the back of the taps and some questioned the taps them selves quoting slow flow rates and leakages how have you found it

edit
just pulled trigger on one 20 litre + hop screen

better start clearing out the other brewing kit

oz11
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by oz11 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:42 pm

I borrowed Clive's (Barneey) and did a brew on it today. Smooth as clockwork apart from Clive's "custom built" hop screen. I'm sold on the kit, now got to persuade the woman who lives with me that it's an essential purchase that will make us both happy.

Or buy one and put in the brewery ... now I'm giving myself ideas.. :)

I'm sure you won't regret it.

paulg

Post by paulg » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:38 am

barneey
what software (if any ) do you use for calculating water etc. I currently BIAB and use the biabacus and beer engine software .I have brewed many beers from g wheelers book with success in terms of final quantity and gravity .
any tips apprieciated,re method liquor amounts sparge amounts,technique
Paul

barneey

Post by barneey » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:22 am

I use BeerSmith2 with the Braumeister, I found an internet profile for BS on the internet so everything was already set up.

The beauty of owing a BM is that the equipment is standard so once someone has created the profile it can be used by anyone / tweaked a little.

DeGarre
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by DeGarre » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:10 pm

Tomorrow I will brew my 69th beer with my 20L BM. 1046° 33ibu golden ale. Most often I bottle 22.5L. Best and most useful investment into a hobby or elsewhere I've ever done. Considering that decent beer around these parts start from 3 euros upward and in bar from 8 euros (even 12 euros for "artisan brews" (what a pretentious wanker term by the way)) it didn't take many brews when I was breaking even already.

99.99% of users simply love the BM, sometimes problems do arise although not often based on the several forum threads around the globe but the company is very good in sorting things out ie shipping in a replacement part etc.

I don't use any software but have all the formulas on a spreadsheet and build my recipes there. I crush the grain the previous day and clean most of the stuff the following day thus making sure my brew day is stress free and enjoyable.

paulg

Post by paulg » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:21 pm

barneey have you got a link for the profile or could you send it to me,I will invest in beersmith 2 I see it has a 21 day trial period so will download it just before my BM arrives
cheers Paul

barneey

Post by barneey » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:25 pm

I`ll have a look for the original source if not I`ll post mine up.

What we really need is a dedicated BM forum ;)

paulg

Post by paulg » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:41 pm

barneey
are you aware of this one its another aussie based one.I was a frequenter of the Biabrewer.com forum and its surprising how many members names I appear from there on the BM one

edit forgot link

https://forum.braumeisters.net/
Last edited by paulg on Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave S
Even further under the Table

Post by Dave S » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:45 pm

barneey wrote:I`ll have a look for the original source if not I`ll post mine up.

What we really need is a dedicated BM forum ;)
Yes I'd like to read more about them.
Best wishes

Dave

MashTim
Piss Artist

Post by MashTim » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:48 pm

paulg wrote:barneey
are you aware of this one its another aussie based one.I was a frequenter of the Biabrewer.com forum and its surprising how many members names I appear from there on the BM one

edit forgot link

https://forum.braumeisters.net/
This isn't an Aussie based one, it has been recently setup and run by a guy in Belgium and dedicated just for BM'ers and is probably as global as you can get =D>

lefkasman

Post by lefkasman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:33 am

Let me know how you get on with shipping. We are in Lefkada and have a few contacts.

paulg

Post by paulg » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:27 pm

lefkasman
If I have trouble with shipping I can get it sent to an address in the uk and brought out by a man with a van that I use who does a run about once a month.vigo replied to my enquiry saying they do not ship outside uk ,something to do with authorised dealerships but there is no dealer listed on the speidel website for greece.brewuk website took the order ok, but I have not as yet had a tracking number or shipped e-mail nor a refusal to ship e mail so I am hopeful

I assumed the website was aussie as there were so many names I had seen on the BIAB form in aus,I stand corrected

thanks for the offer anyway
Paul