My BM has arrived... you can afford one too!!

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
vacant
Even further under the Table

Re: My BM has arrived... you can afford one too!!

Post by vacant » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:57 am

btd1975 wrote:Last thing, I thought the sarcastic comment to Niels about his quick response to a question was disgusting.
That was a friendly question, he'd said in his first post he had a day job but had corrected the web site quickly, so I asked.

If I'd meant "avoid" I would have said that. Just think and ask the right questions, "take care" is a suitable phrase.
I brew therefore I ... I .... forget

barneey
Telling imaginary friend stories

Post by barneey » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:54 am

chris172 wrote:My Braumeister arrived yesterday from an EU Home Brew Shop... wow a thing of beauty. Had to wait a while as the new 2015 stock was delayed but hey!... I'm saving over £450 overall on UK prices. I did buy with it the short 10ltr malt pipe, hop strainer, thermo jacket, IC and the domed lid. UK price for that lot is £1731... todays price with the exchange rate is £1237 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a heads up really to say buying in the EU is now so easy with currency transfers and it's well worth taking a look especially with the exchange rate as it is today 1.40eur to the £ ... :shock:
If you want to take advantage of a BM, a Grainfather or even SSTech Cronicals and save a fortune over UK prices then hop over to Niels shop ... https://homebrewshop.be/en/ and take a look and drool. Niels runs Braumeisters.Net forum too and a bloody good bloke he is too.

If you register at Transferwise using this link... https://transferwise.com/u/e3b38 you'll save even more as your first transfer will then be free!!!

This is a blatant ad for Niels... Great bloke, great prices.
:D Cheers for the heads up that's a fantastic price
Hair of the dog, bacon, butty.
Hops, cider pips & hello.

Name the Movie + song :)

btd1975

Post by btd1975 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:31 am

That was a friendly question, he'd said in his first post he had a day job but had corrected the web site quickly, so I asked.

If I'd meant "avoid" I would have said that. Just think and ask the right questions, "take care" is a suitable phrase.[/quote]

Of course you did....

vacant

Post by vacant » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:41 am

btd1975 wrote:Of course you did....
OK, glad that's cleared the air.

Wezzel

Post by Wezzel » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:32 pm

Right, let's draw a line under this.

I think we can agree that Niels is a stand up guy and, with the currently exchange rate, his prices are very good.

Matt12398

Post by Matt12398 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:53 pm

I like Niels. I've not ordered from him yet but he's been very quick to respond to any questions I've asked about his site.

I am however very worried about the situation that is developing before us. There are people that can't use the quote button effectively and it's making the conversation very hard to follow. Can someone please do something about this before it becomes a bigger issue. For the sake of all of us, please let the suffering stop.

Stewb

Post by Stewb » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:22 pm

Matt12398 wrote: I am however very worried about the situation that is developing before us. There are people that can't use the quote button effectively and it's making the conversation very hard to follow.
About half past three hopefully. I'll pick up the box of frogs, you get the mallet and I'll meet you at slough bus station

:D

Wezzel

Post by Wezzel » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:57 pm

Damn. I thought I was bringing the frogs ;-)

niels

Post by niels » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:25 pm

[quote="Matt12398"]I am however very worried about the situation that is developing before us. There are people that can't use the quote button effectively and it's making the conversation very hard to follow. Can someone please do something about this before it becomes a bigger issue. For the sake of all of us, please let the suffering stop.[/quote]
It looks like I'm not allowed to use BBCodes, so although my quote codes are correct they are not displaying as such.

This should be [b]bold[/b], [i]italic[/i] or [s]strike-through[/s]... but it isn't.

Smilies work, though :twisted:

- Niels

vacant

Post by vacant » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:33 pm

niels wrote:It looks like I'm not allowed to use BBCodes, so although my quote codes are correct they are not displaying as such.

This should be bold, italic or [s]strike-through[/s]... but it isn't.

Smilies work, though :twisted:

- Niels
That was your 5th post, try again. ISTR newbies can't use BBcode until their post count exceeds 5 (or 10?), it helps stop spammers posting links apparently.

Matt12398

Post by Matt12398 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:18 am

I'm glad that's been resolved.

Mashman
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Mashman » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:24 pm

My BM arrived yesterday. Very impressed, have only heated a bit of water and run the pump so far, hope to brew next weekend. The build quality is superb. Looked at the posts by Wezzel and chris172. Thanks guys. Then contacted Niels. Niels is very good to deal with, updates by phone and email. After 20 years of faffing about with brew towers, marmite pots thermopots and various bits and pieces and variable (but always drinkable) beers I just want to brew good beer without all the faff. Not cheap but hopefully worthwhile. After moving house 4 years ago it was a matter of building a new brew shed or the BM. For me the BM was a no brainer. Watch out for 3v bits for sale in East Kent.

Mick
Two Valleys Brewery

Brewing up trouble

Normski
Under the Table

Post by Normski » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:41 am

Sitting here waiting for the courier to deliver my BM today. I have grain and hops measured out for a test brew this afternoon.
The Doghouse Brewery (UK)

Normski
Under the Table

Post by Normski » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:18 pm

BM arrived at 12am.
Cleaned assembled and 1st brew on by 1pm.
Brew finished at 5pm.
Very nice bit of kit.
The Doghouse Brewery (UK)

Wezzel

Post by Wezzel » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:32 pm

Wow. Fast worker. You were lucky. My delivery came in two separate parcels and the second didn't arrive until 7pm.

Hope it's a tasty brew :-)