gf or brewster? bit of a doozy!!

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
Phildebeast

gf or brewster? bit of a doozy!!

Post by Phildebeast » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:46 pm

Evening folks, forever lurker and a brand new poster mainly because there is very little info about for the brewster by brewolution
Back when lovebrewing announced the grainfather it was just shy of 600 quid but I held off and didn't bother with the preorder and now it's jumped up 100 notes :( however I noticed the brewster by brewolution but can find to few comparisons or decent reviews negating one from the other and I'm in the market for making a purchase. The brewster's price is winking at me.
Any owners of the gf or the brewster about who can steer me the right way? is the 'nigh on' £200 worth the extra for the gf?
Dilemma :(
Cheers folks
Phil.

Brewedout
Piss Artist

Re: gf or brewster? bit of a doozy!!

Post by Brewedout » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:37 pm

Have you looked at www.homebrewshop.be as they're competitively priced and you have the advantage of a strong pound to euro conversion. Use tranferwise and its charge free.

Phildebeast

Post by Phildebeast » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:15 am

Woah!! Cheers for the tip. If I pick the grainfather I will definitely take that root. Seems a shame on the brit home brew stores but times are indeed hard.
No shouts for the poor brewster folks?

gobuchul

Post by gobuchul » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:40 am

You can get a Grainfather for £595 here http://www.homebrewlife.co.uk/grainfath ... n-brewing/

Is it worth using an overseas supplier to save £20?

Brewedout
Piss Artist

Post by Brewedout » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:48 am

gobuchul wrote:You can get a Grainfather for £595 here http://www.homebrewlife.co.uk/grainfath ... n-brewing/

Is it worth using an overseas supplier to save £20?
That is a good price, I'd agree with you that its not worth it for such a small difference.

JamesF
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by JamesF » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:26 pm

I so got the wrong context for the title of this thread...

I thought you were going to tell us that you'd given your girlfriend the heave-ho to make room for a new brewing system :D

James

Hairybiker
Hollow Legs

Post by Hairybiker » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:00 pm

You can get it from geterbrewd for £594, including a free mash kit & p&p. That's were I got mine from, 3rd brew on the way tomorrow with it.

Phildebeast

Post by Phildebeast » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:44 pm

JamesF wrote:
> I so got the wrong context for the title of this thread...
>
> I thought you were going to tell us that you'd given your girlfriend the heave-ho
> to make room for a new brewing system :D
>
> James

Haha I'm not the only one who struggles to view 'gf' as anything other than girlfriend. They have us trained well. Needless to say she is unaware of my pending purchase.
The thread was started as a comparison between the two but the brewster doesn't seem to be as popular nor many owners so I think it's gonna have to be the gf, not that I'm complaining...I'm sure she will though...

DeadFall
Under the Table

Post by DeadFall » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:20 pm

Phildebeast wrote:JamesF wrote:
> I so got the wrong context for the title of this thread...
>
> I thought you were going to tell us that you'd given your girlfriend the heave-ho
> to make room for a new brewing system :D
>
> James

Haha I'm not the only one who struggles to view 'gf' as anything other than girlfriend. They have us trained well. Needless to say she is unaware of my pending purchase.
The thread was started as a comparison between the two but the brewster doesn't seem to be as popular nor many owners so I think it's gonna have to be the gf, not that I'm complaining...I'm sure she will though...
If it gets too bad with the gf, you could keep the gf and get rid of the gf.
Let's all go home, pull on our gimp suits and enjoy life

Brewing chat on slack - http://thelocal.stamplayapp.com

Phildebeast

Post by Phildebeast » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:28 pm

Bwhahahaha thanks for the reply guys it's been entertaining. Gonna hold off for abit for more info about the brewster but I'd say the gf has my attention mostly, that's the grainfather for those who struggle to distinguish between the two :p

beerlover1983

Post by beerlover1983 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:48 pm

Do you mean the brewster tham looks like the brupaks boiler with the john guest fittings all over it.I have not experience with the brewster but looking at it alone for the money i would go for the grain father in a heartbeat.No offence to the chaps who make the brewster but it looks cheap to me compared to what you get with the gf.

Now if it was a gf vs the braumeister then theres some thinking to be done