Braumeister timer not stopping at the end of a mash step

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
Sunter0100
Steady Drinker

Braumeister timer not stopping at the end of a mash step

Post by Sunter0100 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:44 am

I have been using my Braumeister 20L 2015 model for about 9 months successfully.

Today whilst mashing - the timer does not stop at the end of a mash step but continues.

My step profile was 20mins at 63 degrees followed by 35mins at 73 degrees. At the end of the 63 degrees the screen went on to the next step but the timer did not stop. It continued 21mins, 22Mins etc. The 35min step therefore was only 15mins and most of it was during the time the heater was getting it up to 73 degrees. Basically the step was missed out!

Anyone had this before?

McMullan

Re: Braumeister timer not stopping at the end of a mash step

Post by McMullan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:36 am

Unless I'm missing something (I use the original module), I'd say get it replaced. Looks like you are within the warranty period, luckily. The post 2015 modules do seem to be problematic. Given the overall price of the units, it's not acceptable.

IPA
Under the Table

Post by IPA » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:25 pm

Sunter0100 wrote:I have been using my Braumeister 20L 2015 model for about 9 months successfully.

Today whilst mashing - the timer does not stop at the end of a mash step but continues.

My step profile was 20mins at 63 degrees followed by 35mins at 73 degrees. At the end of the 63 degrees the screen went on to the next step but the timer did not stop. It continued 21mins, 22Mins etc. The 35min step therefore was only 15mins and most of it was during the time the heater was getting it up to 73 degrees. Basically the step was missed out!

Anyone had this before?
Out of interest what sort of beer are you making with that mash profile?
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip

It's better to lose time with friends than to lose friends with time (Portuguese proverb)

Alone we travel faster
Together we travel further
( In an admonishing email from our golf club)

Sunter0100
Steady Drinker

Post by Sunter0100 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:41 pm

That was only an extract of the full step profile. It was an ipa. Got the step mash profile online from tried and tested recipes. It has worked well in the past.