New Grainfather owner

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
Hairybiker
Hollow Legs

Re: New Grainfather owner

Post by Hairybiker » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:28 am

I've had mine for 11 months, and had no real issues.
I had the hose come off the chiller (water side) but I now check it before each brew.
Others have had the cap come off the hop stopper due to extreme whirlpooling, my answer to that was whirlpool in the opposite direction so you are forcing the cap on not off. (not needed if you use the hop spider)
Remove the ball & spring from the pump assy and no longer get the odd bit of hop stuck there. Add the hop spider (mentioned earlier) and you don't even need to do that.

That's it really for me.

Dave S
Even further under the Table

Post by Dave S » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:03 am

The only issue I've had with mine since I got it in October is the Hop filter has come off (twice) during the boil due to a quite loose fit on the pump inlet. My cure is a SS hose clip to secure it. Other than that - GREAT!
Best wishes

Dave

orlando
So far gone I'm on the way back again!
Location: North Norfolk: Nearest breweries All Day Brewery, Salle. Panther, Reepham. Yetman's, Holt

Post by orlando » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:54 pm

Wrongway wrote:How long did the SS take to arrive as they are located in Hong Kong. I have had things from China take 3 months to arrive.
Try this thread.
I am "The Little Red Brooster"

Fermenting:
Conditioning:
Drinking: Southwold Again,

Up Next: John Barleycorn (Barley Wine)
Planning: Winter drinking Beer

Wrongway

Post by Wrongway » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:58 pm

orlando wrote:
Wrongway wrote:How long did the SS take to arrive as they are located in Hong Kong. I have had things from China take 3 months to arrive.
Try this thread.
Thank's I ordered one a week or so ago from Hong Kong.

lord.president
Hollow Legs

Post by lord.president » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:46 pm

I've had mine for a few months,done my third brew. Only issue l've had is unscrewing the fitting off the kitchen tap! Excellent clear wort,efficiency and ease of use.
Getting Carlisle United into the First Division,is possibly the greatest football achievement of all time-Bill Shankly

sladeywadey
Hollow Legs

Post by sladeywadey » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:59 pm

I used to use a hop spider in my gf with mainly pellets but 5 brews ago i learnt the whirlpool and 10 minute settle trick and so far havent suffered any pump blockages.