a

A forum for winemakers to discuss their craft
User avatar
vacant
Under the Table
Posts: 1987
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:39 pm
Location: downstairs
Contact:

Re: a

Post by vacant » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:40 pm

LeeH wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:27 pm
I’m confused how trunky got involved in this scandal...
When people leave, most just leave. A few ask a moderator to delete their content.

AFAIK, he was the only other member to remove his content by replacing each post with a single character (a smiley). That was around 700 posts!
I brew therefore I ... I .... forget

User avatar
vacant
Under the Table
Posts: 1987
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:39 pm
Location: downstairs
Contact:

Re: a

Post by vacant » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:44 pm

Jim wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:38 pm
That boiler must be infected with flounce-itis.
Each time I brewed with it, I had a strong urge to edit all my posts to a poo smiley, but since there wasn't one, my content remained intact.
I brew therefore I ... I .... forget

WalesAles
Falling off the Barstool
Posts: 3443
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:07 pm
Location: South Wales UK.

Re: a

Post by WalesAles » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:30 pm

Jim wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:53 pm
Nobody need worry - he made an inappropriate post (as determined by the admin/mod team), and I pm'd him to point it out. He did all the rest.
Jim,
What was inappropriate about winemaking?

WA

User avatar
Jim
Site Admin
Posts: 10004
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:00 pm
Location: Washington, UK

Re: a

Post by Jim » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:31 pm

WalesAles wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:30 pm
Jim wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:53 pm
Nobody need worry - he made an inappropriate post (as determined by the admin/mod team), and I pm'd him to point it out. He did all the rest.
Jim,
What was inappropriate about winemaking?

WA
It wasn't the winemaking post. It was a response to a question on the same thread.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Philip K. Dick

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

McMullan
Drunk as a Skunk
Posts: 924
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:48 pm
Location: Here

Re: a

Post by McMullan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:02 pm

Did he use the 'a' word by any chance?

User avatar
LeeH
Under the Table
Posts: 1736
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:42 pm
Location: North Lincs
Contact:

Re: a

Post by LeeH » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:19 pm

So you can edit a post you’ve already made?

Seriously potential for some monkey business right there!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel

User avatar
Jim
Site Admin
Posts: 10004
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:00 pm
Location: Washington, UK

Re: a

Post by Jim » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:32 pm

LeeH wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:19 pm
So you can edit a post you’ve already made?

Seriously potential for some monkey business right there!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
There is a facility for limiting the time available to edit a post, but for the vast majority of reasonable people who hang out on this forum, it's not an issue imo.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Philip K. Dick

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

User avatar
Jocky
Even further under the Table
Posts: 2287
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:50 pm
Location: Epsom, Surrey, UK

Re: Beginners, Advanced and Historic Series

Post by Jocky » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:49 pm

Jocky wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:05 am
Sounds good. I will follow it with interest.
Well that didn't last long... what a shame.
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

kld221
Sober
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:37 pm

SEDIMENT QUERY - NEWBIE HERE

Post by kld221 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:51 pm

Hi there, I am in the sad process of emptying my elderly dad's house due to him now being in a nursing home. He used to make homemade wine many years ago. There's quite a few bottles and I have to admit it brings back many lovely memories of family barbeques. He always made his wine from raw ingredients ie marrow, banana, peach etc. There's also a couple of bottles of sake! Eeek! I know for a fact these wines are 20+ years old. He was particularly meticulous in his wine making process. I have washed the dust off the bottles but there is a considerable amount of sediment in the bottom of the bottles. I really don't want to throw these wines away as I know the hard work that was put into them. Could anyone advise if they would be safe to be consumed? Thanks in advance. Katrine :-)

User avatar
rpruen
Steady Drinker
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:29 pm
Location: Burnham On Sea, Somerset
Contact:

Re: SEDIMENT QUERY - NEWBIE HERE

Post by rpruen » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:57 pm

kld221 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:51 pm
Hi there, I am in the sad process of emptying my elderly dad's house due to him now being in a nursing home. He used to make homemade wine many years ago. There's quite a few bottles and I have to admit it brings back many lovely memories of family barbeques. He always made his wine from raw ingredients ie marrow, banana, peach etc. There's also a couple of bottles of sake! Eeek! I know for a fact these wines are 20+ years old. He was particularly meticulous in his wine making process. I have washed the dust off the bottles but there is a considerable amount of sediment in the bottom of the bottles. I really don't want to throw these wines away as I know the hard work that was put into them. Could anyone advise if they would be safe to be consumed? Thanks in advance. Katrine :-)
Sediment is quite normal, and shouldn't put you off.

If the wine is drinkable? The only way to tell is open some and try it.

Regards

Richard

Post Reply