chefgage
Hollow Legs

Re: Brewing Red Wine

Post by chefgage » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:06 pm

themadhippy wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:10 pm
So what are my options?
dig up the lawn and plant some vines?
If you want them i have 4 grape vines in pots going spare. I could have sworn they were blueberry bush plants when i bought them from the garden center :) Whats the saying, should have gone to spec savers?? :)

Even my daughter thought they were blueberries, the picture certainly looked like they were.

Anyway I then went back to the garden center and bought the correct blueberries which are now doing well.

So there yours if want them, or any one else is.welcome. They were about £9 each and are hardy for our usual colder climate.

Mattpc
Piss Artist

Post by Mattpc » Tue May 14, 2019 9:33 pm

My Kenridge Merlot kit was good. The only issue I've had is that the wine tastes slightly sweet. The fermentation stopped just a bit too early as it didn't quite make the target on the instructions. I think I fermented slightly too cold in my fermentation chamber. I'll up it by a couple of degrees next time and try and make sure the yeast stays healthy. In terms of flavor it's pretty good. I was pleased by how drinkable it was almost straight away. Seems to suit being a little cooler than I'd expect which perhaps curtails the sweetness. Drinking it at Cask Ale temperature.

Next time I'm trying and All Juice from here https://www.spitting-feathers-homebrew. ... juice-wine I'll let you know if it was worth paying twice the money for all juice!

BigT57
Sober

Post by BigT57 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:19 pm

Ken ridge merlot is brill works out about £1-50 a bottle.