Cider kits

A forum for cider makers
wires1

Cider kits

Post by wires1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:03 pm

Have done 2 cider kits wine works mixed fruits & on the rocks strawberry & lime in the hope of producing something similar to a kopperberg for the wife,have given them plenty of time in the bottle to condition but taste nothing like shop bought,missus on tasting said no I don't like that.Have bought a kilner cider kit at a knockdown price of £15 as a last attempt with cider kits.Anybody else have similar results,beer and lager have always turned out well

wires1

Re: Cider kits

Post by wires1 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:13 pm

My mistake wrong forum

davew
Piss Artist

Post by davew » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:56 pm

Have a look at brewing turbo cider and add a flavouring of your choice.
Fermenting: Wilkos Cider
Drinking: Wilkos Hoppy Copper (very nice)

Haydnexport
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Haydnexport » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:12 am

id definitely go down the turbo cider route, had no luck with cider kits, but ive made turbo cider so good ive stopped buying grolsch (my favourite beverage) :shock: Check out scottm's stripped back turbo cider, its where i started at =D>

Meatymc
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by Meatymc » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:25 pm

Oldbloke did a great post when I was searching for info. It had links to Scottm's although not sure if still active. Also not sure whether normal link works so full Http address is

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=65433&p=688254&hil ... tm#p688254

Only comment I'd make on my recent turbo effort is it was far too sweet but my fault in going for (and acheiving) 9% proof. Will let the apple juice do the work on it's own next time!

wires1

Post by wires1 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:04 pm

Thanks for the advice,turbo cider it is! :)

leon103

Post by leon103 » Sun May 24, 2015 7:34 pm

I have tried a on the rocks summer fruits and that lacked the flavour of a shop bought product. It's now two years old and tastes a lot better.

Same with a elderflower cider kit which is now 5 years old. Had some yesterday and it was bloody lush but couldn't stand it when I made it.

Brew Online

Post by Brew Online » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:28 pm

I have only tried the Magnum Elderflower Cider Kit and it is great as a refreshing cider brewed to just over 5% the 2 x I have brewed. Everybody who tried it has come back for more. My nephew (19) is now brewing it for his mates they love it.