steviebobs83 wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:51 pm
I've lobbed in 3 jars of Lidl honey and a jar of homemade redcurrant jelly into a 5l bottle of Morrisons mineral water with a balloon for an airlock and 3/4 of a packet of out of date lalvin champagne yeast. Got it to around 1.083 OG
My guess: you won't notice any contribution from the redcurrant jelly except for colour and a bit of tannin.
Lalvin Champagne yeast is always a good choice. I guess it was active enough even though it was out of date.
Anyway, I think it will taste good.
If you bottle it and wait a month, I think it will carbonate without priming sugar. I think they're will be sufficient unfermented sugars left.
Secondary FV: "Cats & Myces", strong blond, 1.061, 33 BU
Secondary FV: "Old 11-ish", ginger braggot, ~11%
1. "Paradise" dry mead. Florida orange blossom honey 1.074, 9.8%
2. "Mooshti", Turbo cider small batch, with crystal malt. 6.5%
3. "Don't Bring Me Down", 6%, spruce beer
4. "Khamsa": ancient ale. Honey, dates, 5 grains, 7%, 32 BU
5. "Comin' Thro' the Rye" 1.069, 6.9%, 34 BU
6. Grocery store canned pineapple melomel, small batch, ~8%